The RUSH Thread .. ( 11 year old Nandi Bushell .. she does drums for Tom Sawyer .. WOW )

aidan o driscoll

I loved watching videos of their shows. The Stage gimmicks were hilarious, my favorite being the Chicken rotisseries. I saw them when I was a bit younger probably in 1977,  they opened for Aerosmith on their Toys in the Attic tour. Probably one of rushes earlier tours I would think.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Lads I am blown away. Tonight I was on twitter and up came a tweet from this young girl called Nandi Bushell ( https://twitter.com/Nandi_Bushell ). In it she linked to this youtube vid of her perfectly playing along to a difficult drumming track "TOM SAWYER" and doing it absolute justice. Neil would approve I think.

And wait for it ... SHE IS ONLY 11 YEARS OLD

This one is for you Professor Peart. I wanted to try a @rush song that would really challenge me. I watched an interview were the Professor said Tom Sawyer 'remains so difficult to play'. So I thought I would give it a try. It's actually really fun to play. I really hope I have done the song justice, Professor Pearts' playing is incredible. I hope I got the strength and smoothness balance right. I have a new found love for RUSH now too!

Edited by aidan o driscoll

10 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Lads I am blown away. Tonight I was on twitter and up came a tweet from this young girl called Nandi Bushell ( https://twitter.com/Nandi_Bushell ). In it she linked to this youtube vid of her perfectly playing along to a difficult drumming track "TOM SAWYER" and doing it absolute justice. Neil would approve I think.

And wait for it ... SHE IS ONLY 11 YEARS OLD

• Like 1

Straying from Rush to Maiden, there’s this kid, Seb Braganza who just shreds on anything he plays. He’s 13 and already has an endorsement from ESP Guitars and has an album out. He reached out to me when he was 10 and I was already astounded by how well he plays and how musically gifted he is.

10 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@paulo A prodigy .. to play Tom Sawyer like that. I have worked with many drummers through the years who would have said er .. no :D

Just love the facial expressions :D

Yeah, she makes it look so easy - still got time to goof around for the camera without missing a beat.