The RUSH Thread .. ( 11 year old Nandi Bushell .. she does drums for Tom Sawyer .. WOW )

aidan o driscoll

The "RUSH Time Machine Live in Clevedon 2011" show was on SKY ARTS last weekend. ( It is on YOUTUBE ).  It was shown around the aniversary of Neil Pearts death last year ( RUSH DRUMMER ) :

My favourite band - RUSH

My favourite Guitar Player - ALEX LIFESON

My favourite album - EXIT STAGE LEFT

RIP Neil Peart .. gone too soon at 67.

This is the first interview the band did since his death a year ago .. ROLLING STONE this jan

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/neil-peart-rush-dead-cover-story-1110496/

neil-peart-digi-cover-story-2.jpg

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Thanks 1

I saw the in theater movie that came out in 2019 (or was it really early 2020, who knows any more), pretty amazing.

The thing that struck me about Geddy was no matter what bass he used they all pretty much sounded alike. Which had no complaint from me, just a curiosity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I saw the in theater movie that came out in 2019 (or was it really early 2020, who knows any more), pretty amazing.

The thing that struck me about Geddy was no matter what bass he used they all pretty much sounded alike. Which had no complaint from me, just a curiosity.

He very fond of RICKENBACKERS  ... mainly ..

His (Geddy) bass collection is quite enormous

https://www.amazon.com/Geddy-Lees-Beautiful-Book-Bass/dp/0062747835/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&hvadid=78340339487262&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=geddy+lee's+big+book+of+bass&qid=1612120023&sr=8-1&tag=mh0b-20

I have that book with a misprint. It's missing 6 pages but has a repeat of 6 pages in it's place. I contacted the  publisher for a corrected replacement but never heard back (it's not Geddy's fault so I won't blame him).

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

So you'd rather struggle for almost 4 years with agressive brain cancer than covid...That's an interesting choice.

I do believe I said "2020" (as in after he was resting in peace).  I wouldn't wish his prior four years on anyone!

19 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

LIVE AT THE MOMENT ON SKY ARTS CHANNEL .. 3 HOUR 2011 CONCERT ... 5PM TO 8PM GMT

BTW SKY ARTS is also on FREE TO AIR Channel 147

My favourite band - RUSH

My favourite Guitar Player - ALEX LIFESON

My favourite album - EXIT STAGE LEFT

RIP Neil Peart .. gone too soon at 67.

This is the first interview the band did since his death a year ago .. ROLLING STONE this jan

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/neil-peart-rush-dead-cover-story-1110496/

neil-peart-digi-cover-story-2.jpg

DITTO!

Can't believe I just sat through an hour-long commercial for DW drums - and I'm not even a drummer - and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. It's encouraging that in today's world of cheap mass-produced crap there is still a place for craftsmanship.

Yes, I would gladly pay for a sample library of those drums. Preferably as an SDX, as I'm confident the Toontrack people would do it right.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I thought keyboard players were just frustrated drummers?

Guitarists are frustrated bass players?

Bass players are pizza delivery guys who steal the drummer's girlfriend who sleep on the singers couch.

Singers, meh!

3 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Can't believe I just sat through an hour-long commercial for DW drums - and I'm not even a drummer - and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. It's encouraging that in today's world of cheap mass-produced crap there is still a place for craftsmanship.

Yes, I would gladly pay for a sample library of those drums. Preferably as an SDX, as I'm confident the Toontrack people would do it right.

IK has it

6 hours ago, Bapu said:

I thought keyboard players were just frustrated drummers?

There is actually some truth to that in my case.

At age 14 I begged my parents for a drum kit. They declined. Oddly, when I told them a local rock 'n roll combo needed someone to play organ, Mom went out the very next day and bought me one. And thus this frustrated drummer became a keyboardist.

I thanked her years later.

• Like 1