Feature-ish: Clicking on track envelopes button, shouldn't create a blank volume envelope when unchanged

Josh Wolfer

Not a huge deal, but while the Bakers are being so attentive to us, I figured I'd ask. I fat finger the automation lanes button all the time. I mean to open up the comp lanes. 

And when I do this and quickly click it again to un-show the automation lanes that I never wanted to see in the first place, Cakewalk creates a volume automation envelop and leaves it in track view. I really don't need to see volume envelopes until I get to the mixing phase and I want to create fader automation. And I don't really want to see unnecessary automation lines on the track view. 

It'd be nice, if you open the automation lanes and close it without actually having any fader envelope nodes defined (leaving it in automation "jump" mode for the entire project), the track view continued to not keep the fader automation visible. 

I know, I'm being pedantic. But I do this all the time. :) Never hurts to ask. 

On a side note, if the take lanes and automation lanes icons were more visually distinct, like they were different colors, I'd probably discern between them more easily. But ever since their inception, I click the wrong ones constantly. So I don't think my brain is going to stop. 

Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josh Wolfer said:

Not a huge deal, but while the Bakers are being so attentive to us, I figured I'd ask. I fat finger the automation lanes button all the time. I mean to open up the comp lanes. 

And when I do this and quickly click it again to un-show the automation lanes that I never wanted to see in the first place, Cakewalk creates a volume automation envelop and leaves it in track view. I really don't need to see volume envelopes until I get to the mixing phase and I want to create fader automation. And I don't really want to see unnecessary automation lines on the track view. 

It'd be nice, if you open the automation lanes and close it without actually having any fader envelope nodes defined (leaving it in automation "jump" mode for the entire project), the track view continued to not keep the fader automation visible. 

I know, I'm being pedantic. But I do this all the time. :) Never hurts to ask. 

On a side note, if the take lanes and automation lanes icons were more visually distinct, like they were different colors, I'd probably discern between them more easily. But ever since their inception, I click the wrong ones constantly. So I don't think my brain is going to stop. 

Cheers.

Every small thing gives value : )

2 hours ago, Josh Wolfer said:

if the take lanes and automation lanes icons were more visually distinct, like they were different colors, I'd probably discern between them more easily.

Could be easy to test by creating custom track and automation lane buttons in the theme editor.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1