A Breath of Air - a new original collab with Lynn Wilson

daryl1968

On 1/31/2021 at 1:56 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

Daryl, I'm really impressed and excited by how this turned out!  You took the music that I gave you and dressed it up, wrote words that have meaning in these times, and made sense of this.  Your voice has a touch of David Gilmour which adds something special to this project.  Thank you for thinking of me!

Does it ever have a touch of old Dave! Thanks for this guys.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 1:28 PM, Starise said:

Agreed with David ^^^

Great combination guys! Nice recording!

I think given the similarity to Gilmore maybe in the future you guys could try a slower prog rock thing? Just sayin'

Sounds like a plan. Thanks so much Tim

All good here ...like the song loads ... I have no intention of hijacking this post BUT did  our Mr Lynn Wilson give the FOO FIGHTERS A hand with the vocal work on Dave's 'waiting on war' Cause it sounds just like him ..... LOL

Edited by SupaReels
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SupaReels said:

All good here ...like the song loads ... I have no intention of hijacking this post BUT did  our Mr Lynn Wilson give the FOO FIGHTERS A hand with the vocal work on Dave's 'waiting on war' Cause it sounds just like him ..... LOL

4 hours ago, SupaReels said:

I wish!  Steve, thank you so much.  FF is maybe my favorite band, at the moment.

• Like 1

Really nice song.
Very American topic, I can understand how concerned (and relieved) you may feel right now. Let's hope for the best, even though I'm not from the USA.

I agree that your voice sounds somewhat like Gilmour's. Nice guitar tones and great, clear mix. All good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2021 at 11:18 PM, freddy j said:

Excellent!!!  What is not to like?  You have produced a piece with a great message, vocals, melody, instrumentation, mix, etc.  The message is particularly poignant for the time.  Cheers to the new Dynamic Duo of the forum.

Cheers Freddy - I wanna know who's Batman and who's Robin? :)

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2021 at 10:42 PM, timboalogo said:

Does it ever have a touch of old Dave! Thanks for this guys.

thanks a lot

On 2/7/2021 at 2:02 PM, Wookiee said:

Furry paws crossed the dream in this can be realised.

Has all the hallmarks of a Staypress Lynn production nice one chaps.

Cheers Wookster

On 2/9/2021 at 1:07 PM, Grebz said:

Really nice song.
Very American topic, I can understand how concerned (and relieved) you may feel right now. Let's hope for the best, even though I'm not from the USA.

I agree that your voice sounds somewhat like Gilmour's. Nice guitar tones and great, clear mix. All good!

Glad you enjoyed it Grebz - thanks

On 2/11/2021 at 1:47 PM, whoisp said:

Nice and bouncy with a touch of old school Floyd to it  

thanks a lot