Panning question Ive Never considered

T on Y

If you have a project with just MIDI instruments and have set the 'Level' and 'Panning' (what I call a 'MIDI Mix) and then want to convert the midi to audio do you

A. Leave the panning where it is ?

B. Set panning to 0 and the Re-Pan the part as audio ?

Is there a 'Right or Wrong' here ??

Thanks in advance for any help

Panning audio gives you the option to use true stereo panning. It also assures consistency by not depending on how the instrument vendor implemented panning, even if you later substitute a different synth. It means you can adjust the panorama while mixing, even after the synth has been rendered. You are able to visually see pan settings in either track or console views without having to open the synth's UI.

But if you never plan on rendering your synths to audio and prefer to keep the project as solely MIDI right up until the final export, then use whichever method you feel most comfortable with.

• Like 1

I have never had to render midi to audio unless I was collaborating with someone who might not have the same VST’s. 
All my mixing / panning is done with the instrument track unless it’s a multi channel VST like Xpand2 then I have to pan in the GUI     
But this is why I do not like to bounce or commit tracks.  I will need to be able to make changes during mixing