Grebes, Eagles and Hummers - a short video

bjornpdx

Here's another song I finished recently which became the sound track of a short video  The video
is a compilation of clips I'd done the last couple of years and if you like birds, you'll like the video, hopefully.
The music doesn't really match the video, in theme or synced to the action.  I'm still
learning Davinci Resolve so this project is mostly for practice.

Pied Billed Grebe nest - the babies hang out under the parents' wings.
Eagle nest - adult eagle brings a vole (I think) to the eaglets.
American coot nest building.  Reflection is an office building in an industrial area of town.
Bird Feeder - slow motion stuff.
Anna's Hummingbird - it got annoyed with me so it gave me a piece of its mind at the end.

• Like 3

Nigel - thanks. There's a wildlife refuge near where I live. Great place for photography.
tom - The Anna's are brave considering their size. They buzz me once in a while when I'm refilling the feeder.
Doug and jack c - Thank you
Daryl - I use a Sony a6500 mirrorless camera and 600mm lens. A tiny camera on a huge lens looks riduculous but it works quite well.
    I meant to tone down the cymbal crash but forgot.       

• Like 2

You have made a very good video that really shows some great nesting behaviour and the humming bird feeding was excellent (particularly the ending where it leaves the feeder).  That is quite a combination of equipment that you have.  It makes me want to rush out and get a camera while it is still cool here and the transitory birds are here for the winter.  The song really fit well and enhanced the video well. 

Nice work my friend.