dec6 V2

Hidden Symmetry

Like this one a lot ! (every time I see a hidden symmetry post here on the forum, I know it will be greatness) Very worldly jazz, so much talent here. Since you're asking for mix critiques, my personal preference is to have more low punch in the kick drum, yes it's super clear, leaving more room for the instruments, but kick should have more kick. Doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the piece, and maybe on a large sound system it might work . . . but, on my headphone listen, that was the first thing I noticed.

18 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

sounds really good, like the mix - great playing as always

Nigel

Thanks for the feedback Nigel.

16 hours ago, garybrun said:

Very nice..  Love that bass!!!

Thanks Gary, he does plays a mean one.

9 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

a fan here so I'll just 👍's up!

t

Thanks Tom, always appreciated.

3 hours ago, jack c. said:

great recording job and song and instruments!!!!!!!!!!jack c.

Thanks jack!

1 hour ago, noynekker said:

Like this one a lot ! (every time I see a hidden symmetry post here on the forum, I know it will be greatness) Very worldly jazz, so much talent here. Since you're asking for mix critiques, my personal preference is to have more low punch in the kick drum, yes it's super clear, leaving more room for the instruments, but kick should have more kick. Doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the piece, and maybe on a large sound system it might work . . . but, on my headphone listen, that was the first thing I noticed.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm now checking balances between 10 tracks & they're pretty consistent.  Here's another mix to check with a slightly tweaked drum mix plus a different 2 bus comp setting. I might have to go in deeper & tweak all the tracks  a bit..

• Like 3

Even though this isn't typically my genre I LOVE listening to your tracks! This is no exception. Love urgency in the mix and playing. I think it inspires energy. Where I come from only the highly trained musicians delve into jazz like this and it's always a treat for the ears. It sounds spontaneous which is another reason why I think I like it so much.

On 2/2/2021 at 5:15 AM, daryl1968 said:

love your stuff - so tastefully played and mixed. Excellent

Thanks daryl, appreciate the listen & comments.

22 hours ago, Starise said:

Even though this isn't typically my genre I LOVE listening to your tracks! This is no exception. Love urgency in the mix and playing. I think it inspires energy. Where I come from only the highly trained musicians delve into jazz like this and it's always a treat for the ears. It sounds spontaneous which is another reason why I think I like it so much.

Thanks Starise for your kind words.