solved remove plugs

jack c.

so a number of vst plugin companies give ya many items in one bundle.a number i don't use so how do ya delete within bandlab cw?thank.jack c.

hey all:got this from cw central and it works!!!!!jack c.
 You can't delete vst from Cakewalk By BandLab but you can disable them to keep them from appearing in the plug-in browser. Head to Utilities > Cakewalk Plug-In Manager, select the plug-in category to search for the plug-in you'd like to disable, then click on Exclude Plug-In.

Edited by jack c.
solved
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, jack c. said:

also i cut/pasted not wanted plugs to external drive and when i start cw it states i have 735 plugins which has erased some of me plugs and they are still are listed when i go to insert a effect.jack c/

If you don't have automatic scan on, you have to rescan, otherwise CbB will throw errors when it tries to load a plugin that's no longer there.

32 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

If you don't have automatic scan on, you have to rescan, otherwise CbB will throw errors when it tries to load a plugin that's no longer there.

thanks for info but i did that and still listed.jack c.

Look in the plug in manager at what pathways you have used. Go to those locations and clean out you junk. 

I use the VST folder for unused Plug ins that I might want someday. I then removed it from the scan path. I put all my 3rd party stuff in the stienberg VST folder. I don't normally allow installs to the Cakewalk plug in folder but some VST's like Air won't work otherwise. 

• Like 1

I've been mulling over this problem, over the years I've accumulated piles of crap and I would say I only use around 20% of virtual instruments and effects on a regular basis.

I'm considering a nuclear laptop rebuild and re-install of just the stuff I actually use. I am sure some of the old stuff is causing regular blue screens and crashes.

However, I also have a nagging 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' at the back of my mind.

Andy

2 hours ago, John Vere said:

Look in the plug in manager at what pathways you have used. Go to those locations and clean out you junk. 

I use the VST folder for unused Plug ins that I might want someday. I then removed it from the scan path. I put all my 3rd party stuff in the stienberg VST folder. I don't normally allow installs to the Cakewalk plug in folder but some VST's like Air won't work otherwise. 

thanks for response.i do most of that.as i looked plugin mgn. in registered they are still listed even after i went through pc and deleted in pc registry.jack c.

43 minutes ago, AndyB01 said:

However, I also have a nagging 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' at the back of my mind.

thanks for answer.jack c.

Every time I install Xpand the installer is fine but when you first try and use it it say's can't find Xpand big. Even though it's right where the installer put it. 

Above mess is why I always try out free ( and some paid)  VST's on my other computer. The VSt count on my main DAW is around 100.   I don't use half of that but not much you can do about bundled packages like Blue Tube. But I could move some of it to the folder that is not scanned. If it is not in the scan path it won't appear in Cakewalk.  If it is appearing in Cakewalk then you haven't removed the folder from the scan path. 

A dll. sitting in an unused folder is not going to have any bearing on your computer performance. 

It was great to re build that 2nd computer which was running slow and glitching.  Over time when you treat something that way it really bogs it down. New SSD drive and fresh install and it's incredible how perky and fast it is now. It's a few hours work but well worth the time if your feel your machine is not up to snuff. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jack c. said:

also i cut/pasted not wanted plugs to external drive and when i start cw it states i have 735 plugins which has erased some of me plugs and they are still are listed when i go to insert a effect.jack c/

It could also be that you have the 32bit versions of your plugs installed that are not removed. Go through your "Program Files" (x86) folder. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

7 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

It could also be that you have the 32bit versions of your plugs installed that are not removed. Go through your "Program Files" (x86) folder. 

thanks for info.i did that i went through entire pc and deleted stuff but still show up in plug mgn.jack c.

You can't delete vst from Cakewalk By BandLab but you can disable them to keep them from appearing in the plug-in browser. Head to Utilities > Cakewalk Plug-In Manager, select the plug-in category to search for the plug-in you'd like to disable, then click on Exclude Plug-In.

21 hours ago, jack c. said:

Like others, I’ve been wondering about this issue. After accumulating way too many plugs, I’ve zeroed in on the ones I’ve learned the best and go to most of the time. Would be helpful to the community if you would mark this issue solved in your post so others could benefit. Thanks!