3rd party midi loops muting/crashing

Ken Czepelka

I'm using some SMF midi clips from Motifator (JazzPianoBassDrums collection) and if I drop a bass clip onto my SI Bass Guitar 1 track, when I play across that clip, the sound gets "deselected".   By that I mean I have to re-load the Bass Guitar preset (even though it doesn't change) to hear a sound again.  After re-loading a preset, I can play a clip from another area of the track (a clip from BandLab for example), but as soon as the cursor crosses into the Motifator clip (or even if I start in the middle of that clip), the bass goes permanently silent until I load a bass preset again. 

If I try and run the clip using the General MIDI synth, it will play. 

In addition, on occasion, if I drop a clip and play over it using the general midi synth, the program crashes and closes when the cursor reaches the clip.   It will also do this on occasion if I select the bass guitar synth for preview and preview the clip from the media panel.

I'm not having any issues with the Cakewalk supplied MIDI clips (so far).

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Thanks scook.  It does turn out it's an RPN event (with a value of 1024) "pitch bend sensitivity" that is causing the silence.  If I delete that one event (at the beginning of the clip) then the bass plays.  Unfortunately the NRPN checkbox that was suggested does not seem to have an effect.

Is there any way to filter RPN events?  Otherwise I have to go through all the supplied clips and edit then all.  Long process!

Alternately, would using 3rd party bass guitar synth perhaps help?  Any recommendations for a robust bass guitar synth?

Thanks!

"Do not intercept NRPNs" should work as long as it is enabled before the plug-in attempts to play any data.

Once the offending data streams through the plug-in, the sfz engine is shut down for the session.

The only way to reset the sfz engine is restart the project or reload the plug-in.