Sunrise

Phoen1xPJ

wow - what an undertaking!

This was obviously a labour of love. Vocals and playing are excellent - really impressive. The hook is also a very nice earworm.

Mix-wise, I thought drums/percussion sounded a little 'squeezed' and tinny - sorry.

I like how the drums are panned on those fills. And the programming? is pretty good as well. You might stick all the drums on a bus and treat them to the same reverb space? And I'd say, snare louder in the chorus.

Great vocal lines and delivery.

If you listen in any given spot in your tune, those acoustic rhythm guitars seem loudest in the mix. I think you should tuck the volume down on those guitars, and let the lead instrument cut through more, be it voice, lead guitar, what have you. When they synths are in the lead, they are very much so - great mix on those!

100 extra points for coolness and originality.

Those pics in the video, was that you on stage?

cheers,

-Tom

37 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

I like how the drums are panned on those fills. And the programming? is pretty good as well. You might stick all the drums on a bus and treat them to the same reverb space? And I'd say, snare louder in the chorus.

Great vocal lines and delivery.

If you listen in any given spot in your tune, those acoustic rhythm guitars seem loudest in the mix. I think you should tuck the volume down on those guitars, and let the lead instrument cut through more, be it voice, lead guitar, what have you. When they synths are in the lead, they are very much so - great mix on those!

100 extra points for coolness and originality.

Those pics in the video, was that you on stage?

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks, Tom! I'll bear your comments in mid for final mixing. Pix on stage is Mark Thopmson.

If you spent 9 years, I can certainly give you ten minutes and more.  I listened twice. It's astounding to me that one person can recreate, or even embrace the daunting task of recreating, in a believable way, Genesis, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Yes, Jethro Tull and the other progressive rock bands I once listened to devoutly in my twenties.  This is a remarkable achievement. I'm eternally grateful someone out there is paying homage to that stuff. Who is the audience in today's world? I'm not really sure. Old-timers like me, no doubt. Don't know about the young ones, but it would be great if they paid some heed.

48 minutes ago, Sailor55 said:

If you spent 9 years, I can certainly give you ten minutes and more.  I listened twice. It's astounding to me that one person can recreate, or even embrace the daunting task of recreating, in a believable way, Genesis, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Yes, Jethro Tull and the other progressive rock bands I once listened to devoutly in my twenties.  This is a remarkable achievement. I'm eternally grateful someone out there is paying homage to that stuff. Who is the audience in today's world? I'm not really sure. Old-timers like me, no doubt. Don't know about the young ones, but it would be great if they paid some heed.

Thank YOU Sailor55!  There are young ones listening...

• 2 weeks later...