How to use only 1 TTS in Instrument Rack for multiple tracks?

Hi Friends,  This is my first message here.  Feel proud to be CakeWalk user.

I have a few instrument tracks.  Usually when I add an instrument track. it adds the instrument (eg TTS) in the Instrument Rack.  If I have 4 tracks, I am getting 4 TTS instances in Rack.  As we have MIDI Channels in TTS, can I have only 1 TTS instance in the Rack and use that single instance for my multiple tracks?  I tried many ways but failed.  The reason for asking is my thought that if I can use only 1 instance of TTS, that can considerably reduce the PC CPU load.

Could someone here guide / advice / suggest please ?

Rajesh Karunakaran

Edited by Rajesh Karunakaran
to correct the line's meaning

TTS-1 is a 16 in X 4 out synth.

There are several ways to create a project with 1 instance of TTS-1 using all its I/O.

After adding the synth to a project, add 15 additional MIDI tracks.

Set the output of each track to TTS-1 and specify the MIDI channel in all the tracks.

Now there are 16 channels set up, one for each TTS-1 input.

Assign the instruments on each track (or in TTS-1 on each channel) as you have done in the past when using one track.

If you want to send the 16 channels to more than one output

• add up to 3 more audio tracks
  • set the inputs on the audio tracks to the additional TTS-1 outputs
  • open TTS-1 and assign the channels in TTS-1 to the different outputs by clicking on System then Option like this

1M8OG7k.gif

• Thanks 1

I think what the OP is having issue with is ever since they added the + Add track button there’s been this same question a few times because somehow people are not bothering to explore the options in the dialogue and the default is the tts-1     

There are I think at least 4 ways to insert VST instruments and each has many options. 
Open the help module in the Browser and if you hover the mouse over any place all the features of the workspace will be explained there.

I use the Synth rack view to add and remove instruments. That can also be added to the browser 

If you don’t want all those TTS-1 tracks use the Replace Synth option to change them for something else

Edited by John Vere

I wonder how many newcomers are unaware of the Studio Instruments collection available as the optional download in Bandlab Assistant.  

It a bit dangerous right now to have TTS-1 as a default. It has old age issues. How hard would it be to give it an overdue update?  Particularly converting it to a VST or VST 3 format. It’s becoming unstable   
There are no GM Players out there anymore. 

15 minutes ago, John Vere said:

I wonder how many newcomers are unaware of the Studio Instruments collection available as the optional download in Bandlab Assistant.  

It a bit dangerous right now to have TTS-1 as a default. It has old age issues. How hard would it be to give it an overdue update?  Particularly converting it to a VST or VST 3 format. It’s becoming unstable   
There are no GM Players out there anymore. 

Personally I've not had any issues with TTS-1, but then I don't use it that often. Most reports we've heard of TTS-1 instability has been when adding it to an already busy project. 

I think the general advice is, if you're going to use TTS-1, make sure you add it first.

• 3 years later...
On 1/30/2021 at 12:32 PM, scook said:

TTS-1 is a 16 in X 4 out synth.

There are several ways to create a project with 1 instance of TTS-1 using all its I/O.

After adding the synth to a project, add 15 additional MIDI tracks.

Set the output of each track to TTS-1 and specify the MIDI channel in all the tracks.

Now there are 16 channels set up, one for each TTS-1 input.

Assign the instruments on each track (or in TTS-1 on each channel) as you have done in the past when using one track.

If you want to send the 16 channels to more than one output

• add up to 3 more audio tracks
  • set the inputs on the audio tracks to the additional TTS-1 outputs
  • open TTS-1 and assign the channels in TTS-1 to the different outputs by clicking on System then Option like this

1M8OG7k.gif

This is what I need to do with my Korg M50's plugin editor vst.   I can only load one instance of the editor.  The editor is a vst of the M50 so I can select the prog, combi, drums, etc.

If possible, could you tell me what to enter in my inputs, outputs, channels in the vst and midi tracks?  I'm trying to figure this out and I can see you've got a good handle on doing this.  I really appreciate if you could help me.   Thanks in advance. 

Also which tracks would I arm for recording?  The vst, the midi, both? Thanks again.

Edited by Steven Gerard
Add info.

@scook has not logged on to the forum since last September. 
I hope he is well as he’s been a part of my Forum life for a long long time. I learned more from him ( and @msmcleodthan anyone else here. 

If you go through my playlist starting with this one I have about 6 tutorials on using VST instruments you might want to start your own thread if you have further questions as it’s confusing to start helping a different person mid thread  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John Vere said:

scook has not logged on to the forum since last September

Wow John ur right. I haven't seen scook's name in a while. In the short time Ive been on this forum he's helped me out many times. I pray he's alright.

• Like 1