Waves V12 users: Read before installing the 2021.1 Update

Noel Borthwick

If you are running Waves V12 plugins, please read before installing the 2021.1 Update.

There is a bug in a Waves V12 program called WavesLocalServer that locks a component used by Cakewalk and prevents the installer from updating it.

If you receive the Code 5 error trying to replace sndfile.dll from our installer, 
the current workarounds are, either:

1. Reboot your PC before upgrading; or
2. End the WavesLocalServer process from within task manager, and click Try again

Waves has been notified of this problem and will address it.
NOTE; This issue only affects the installer and doesn’t cause problems with the normal execution of Cakewalk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Hello! I would really like changes in the media file browser. Please add a one shot button, but so that this function does not stretch the clip, but just sounds to the rhythm. This is very convenient when you pick up a Kick (under the bass guitar) or Hat. Along with the One Shot button you should also add a rhythm button with a choice like in Tempo Delay(1\1, 1\2, 1\4, 1\8 and so on). I hope I was able to explain. Have a nice day!

21 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

I am still getting code 000000000005 errors

Code c000000000005 errors are not the same as

On 1/30/2021 at 8:10 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

If you receive the Code 5 error trying to replace sndfile.dll from our installer

The error Noel posted about looks like

image.png

The c000000000005 errors are not install errors. They are runtime errors. The offending software should be noted in the error message.

9 hours ago, scook said:

Code c000000000005 errors are not the same as

The error Noel posted about looks like

image.png

The c000000000005 errors are not install errors. They are runtime errors. The offending software should be noted in the error message.

I don't know that much about computer errors.  I just assumed it was the same because it happed the same time as the update. And it was a ???“5”??? error.

After waves completely deleting everything and reinstalling It was still broken. Waves replaced the  WaveShell2-VST3 12.0_x64 file with a newer and also a *******12.1 also.

Thanks,

Max Arwood

23 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I just tried today and no such luck.

The Enhanced Tracking Protection in Firefox sometimes block logging in to places. Maybe Waves put some tracking script at the login and thus set of that automatic protection.

22 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

After waves completely deleting everything and reinstalling It was still broken. Waves replaced the  WaveShell2-VST3 12.0_x64 file with a newer and also a *******12.1 also.

Hey Max... I just started getting the 05 error myself (again). A few months back I fixed it by doing a Waves "repair" option as suggested on this forum which worked, but did not work yesterday when I tried that. Was just about to report the problem to Waves Support, but sounds like you already did that and they issues you a patch/fix to install? Do you recall the Waves tech support name that handled your issue? It might save a step if I direct a message straight to him.

Like you, it only affects certain projects, so I can work on other projects, but good to know Waves solved your issue (and hopefully will do so with mine as well)!