Paint me Yesterday

Bajan Blue

20 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

Nicely done Nigel - this sounds radio-ready. I really liked the lead vocal - she has a top-notch voice.

No crits on the mix - sounded excellent to me.

Cool video as well.

Hi Douglas - thanks for those positive comments, really appreciated

Nigel

23 hours ago, jack c. said:

great recording job,voice and feel.tons of energy.what vst plugins used on voice?jack c.

Hi Jack

Thanks for the comments, really appreciated.

To be honest I can't really remember what we used on Gina's vocals -we did this 7 years ago!! But my sort of standard chain is EQ (dependent on Mic used) compressor and reverb - most of the time I use Aether Reverb - compressors and EQ's change a bit - for instance I am mainly using Arturia and PSP Compressors now - EQ's mainly Voxengo, Eventide and occasionally Izotope

Cheers

Nigel

3 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Jack

Thanks for the comments, really appreciated.

To be honest I can't really remember what we used on Gina's vocals -we did this 7 years ago!! But my sort of standard chain is EQ (dependent on Mic used) compressor and reverb - most of the time I use Aether Reverb - compressors and EQ's change a bit - for instance I am mainly using Arturia and PSP Compressors now - EQ's mainly Voxengo, Eventide and occasionally Izotope

Cheers

Nigel

nigel:thanks for info.jack c.

Someone else recently asked how to increase web presence for musicians. I think this is a great example of what should be done. Combine a slick video that conveys emotion with a track that has no flaws in it all perfectly mixed and there you have it. 

I think it's a great idea to take these older tracks and make them internet ready on YouTube.

Thanks for sharing. This is well done.

On 1/30/2021 at 5:28 PM, DeeringAmps said:

wonderful imagery both lyrically and in the vid, Nigel

I'm a fan, so I'll just leave it at that...

t

Superior Drummer on this?

Y'all could leave a "like" and/or "comment" over ta youtube; just sayin'...

just shaming?

Hi tom

Thanks always appreciated - yes Superior Drummer - I use that on basically

everything these days - sort of given up on BFD - perhaps they might update that one day..

Cheers

Nigel

On 1/30/2021 at 9:27 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

Wow!  The song and video are top notch.  You guys are good role models!

Hi Lynn - wow from me too - thanks for those comments, feel pretty humbled

Cheers

Nigel

On 1/30/2021 at 11:28 PM, David Sprouse said:

Love the song, very nice.  Where'd you find such good looking people?  :D:D

Cheers David, glad you enjoyed it - I would like to say good-looking people are attracted to me!!! Of course that would be a lie - all the beautiful people in this video are taken from art libraries!!!

Nigel

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 3:23 PM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Great work on this Nigel, enjoyed both the music & the video.

Thanks, really appreciate you taking the time to have a listen and thanks for the kind comments

Nigel

On 2/2/2021 at 12:11 PM, daryl1968 said:

great stuff again Nigel. Vocals, mix, performances - top notch

Daryl

Always appreciate your comments

Cheers

Nigel

21 hours ago, Starise said:

Someone else recently asked how to increase web presence for musicians. I think this is a great example of what should be done. Combine a slick video that conveys emotion with a track that has no flaws in it all perfectly mixed and there you have it. 

I think it's a great idea to take these older tracks and make them internet ready on YouTube.

Thanks for sharing. This is well done.

Thanks for this - we have been promoting via the internet for a while now - it sort of seems the best option, especially at the moment when its very difficult to do any other type of promotion!!

Cheers

Nigel

18 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Nigel,  what Starise said above about using video to increase web presence for your music. Your productions are always so professional. Good to look at as well as listen to.  I'm guessing you use stock video as well as video you did yourself?

Hi Bjorn

Yes, mostly stock video of one sort or another - when we have time (and money!) we do shoot some stuff ourselves!!

We have our new album coming out on the 5th March and we have been real busy getting all the videos for that completed.

There have been delays, mostly Covid related, so that's why I did the 4 video's for the stuff of our old album from 2014. Good practice if nothing else!!

Keep well

Nigel