Cakewalk 2021.01 Update 1 Now Available

cclarry

Hm, trying to update I got error like below:

Clipboard01.jpg.fed44c0107334e3dfb3b51c56f988f5e.jpg

So I tried to delete it manually. Refused as according to Windows explorer process Waveslocalserver locked it (!! ).

So I rebooted to have a pure session and still didn't help...  So I ended it with task manager as was sure with pure session I didn't do anything with Waves consciously...

It helped instantly so thanks to such Waves secret improvements  I will join soon into WUP haters club... 😕

9 hours ago, Piotr said:

So I tried to delete it manually. Refused as according to Windows explorer process Waveslocalserver locked it (!! ).

So I rebooted to have a pure session and still didn't help...  So I ended it with task manager as was sure with pure session I didn't do anything with Waves consciously...

It helped instantly so thanks to such Waves secret improvements  I will join soon into WUP haters club... 😕

I got that same message on the last two updates.  I just went to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core
and moved the file to the Cakewalk directory and then hit try again.  It won't let you delete it, but it will let 
you move the file, and you don't have to kill any processes to do it!

Edited by Larry Shelby

13 hours ago, Piotr said:

3 hours ago, Larry Shelby said:

I got that same message on the last two updates.  I just went to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core
and moved the file to the Cakewalk directory and then hit try again.  It won't let you delete it, but it will let 

see

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, abacab said:

I ran a Waves update yesterday before I did the Cakewalk update. I have v12 and did not encounter the file locked issue.

I wonder if Waves has fixed the V12 bug?

I always stay current and still had the issue...so I don't think so...

13 hours ago, 53mph said:

I've been seeing a lot of people on Facebook forums having problems with the latest release of CbB. 

Splash screen hanging, install failing,...etc.

I might just sit this one out for a while....wait for the next round.

The issues only appear with users who have a very specific configuration.  For most people, myself included, this update installed without a problem.

If you have waves12 , then there is a file that the WavesLocalServer process hold open, preventing Cakewalk from modifying that file. Either kill the WavesLocalServer  process, or reboot prior to install an you'll be fine.  This is a bug with waves12 (that waves are looking into) not Cakewalk by Bandlab.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Larry Shelby said:

But, but,  but...  it is a pleasure to kill a process which is sneakily doing something in folders which are not belonging to it without any permission... 🔨  😜

• Haha 2

Oh no. I saw you guys talking about Waves and noticed I had an ancient Waves Central icon on my desktop. I figured I'd check it out to see what's installed because I can't ever recall using anything from Waves. Now it's loading some 200Mb file and I can't stop it and I'm in panic mode.  Just got a message saying it will be automatically installed up reboot. 

I think this is a leftover of some free thing they gave away 6 years ago that I could never get to install. Uhg.

😱😁

8 hours ago, Larry Shelby said:

I always stay current and still had the issue...so I don't think so...

I was getting the error message too, so  I opened Task Manager and ended the cakewalk update that was not updating.  I then  followed Larry's advice  and updated my Waves. Next I ran the Cakewalk update from Band Lab Assistant  and  it updated without a hitch.

• Like 1