10 thing that i think cakewalk need

user6808463577169165

1-customize fades : To change the type of fades (for example, from linear to fast curve) if we can do it manually with Smart Tool (like Studio One) it will be much better than  right-clicking on the edges of the fade and selecting its shape

2- Remove all fades : Like cubase ... we need a shortcut or option that can delete all fades for a series of specified events

3- better customize for automation : To change the shape of an automation, you have to right-click on it, or if you do it manually ... it will create a node in the middle of the shape ... if this node is not created, we will have better automation

4- location of the send track(stereo bus) :
Just as the aux track is created under the desired crack ... the stereo bus must be created under the desired crack (like cubase) ... not at the bottom of the page under the master track

5- smart track folder : I think there should be the ability to create an insert and a send for the track folder so that instead of spending time for each crack under it

6-Having a separate gain for each event :
In cubase and protools, if we want to change the gain of an event, we can easily increase or decrease it manually by selecting an event, but in cakewalk, we must select the event and then select the gain option through the process

7- a little change in bounce to track :
Its a nice feature... But if the new track is automatically created under the original track, it is better than the last track of the project

8- individual freezing for multioutput vst 
If we freeze one of the channels of a multi-output vst(like omnisphere) .. the other channels will also be frozen ... it will be much better if the freezing capability can be separated for each channel

9- individual automation for synths
In vsts like trilian and kontakt
Their automation is controlled by the first MIDI track and if we  want automate other midi tracks that routes to that synth
We should do it with first midi track
So I think if we have separate and independent automation for each midi track (for a specific Multichannel vst)
It can save time for composers because if we have many tracks in project it is hard to find first midi track (Of course, I have already reported this to  cakewalk, and it will be corrected in the future) 

10- huge change in color and apperance :
I think cakewalk should make fundamental changes in appearance and color ... because its appearance is completely out of fashion and should be more modern .. Cakewalk is very dark by default and this factor can greatly affect the creativity of musicians.
Look at software like Logic and ableton ... they are quite reminiscent of 2021, but cakewalk reminds me of the 90s ... 
Please do not tell me to use the theme editor because it is time consuming to work with and in  The end result does not give us a very attractive ... 
even the type and quality of colors are not good compared to other daw and I hope this will be fine one day.

With all that said, I have been working with cakewalk for 10 years and I love it very much .. and my goal is to see the useful features that exist in other daws in cakewalk
 because this daw has the potential for this Which is more widely used in the music industry

Edited by user6808463577169165
  • Like 2

1-customize fades - no problem with it and if i need to make 10 fades simultanously i don't do it by hand.

2) To removing  all fades cntr +all select all clips and hold cntrl and drag triangle to front of one clip and in all clips fades will be removed. Eelegant way no problem

4.) I like seperated buses and i can see buses in playlist if i want and i can do wave preview if i need.

5) I like to using patch points that is more flexible than folders for buses.

6)clip gain envelope. For mixing  input gain i better use it on track level not clip level.

10) I like look when i can customize look how i need and i make my colors how i like. In many Daws i can't do it.

I can make my clips in colors how in what DAW i need

I know many things can be improved but i hope Cakewalk team will focus on more important things

Edited by solarlux
  • Like 1

@solarlux

1-customize fades - no problem with it and if i need to make 10 fades simultanously i don't do it by hand.

Re But i have problem with it

What I said has nothing to do with creating simultaneous fades...

I mean one specefic fade.. In that case the shapes are limited.. I want customize it 

If you have worked with Studio One, you will realize how difficult it is to change the shape of the fades in cakewalk

2) To removing  all fades cntr +all select all clips and hold cntrl and drag triangle to front of one clip and in all clips fades will be removed. Eelegant way no problem

Re : In this method i cant remove fade in and fade out  simultaneously.. Once i should drag triangle for fade in and once for fade outs... 

It needs Shortcut or somthing else that remove ALL FADES at one time without dragging triangle( a process like remove dc offset) 

4.) I like seperated buses and i can see buses in playlist if i want and i can do wave preview if i need.

Re : Unfortunately i dont like seperate buses

5) I like to using patch points that is more flexible than folders for buses

Re :When i have a project that has many tracks i like groups my instruments in track folder.. For example guitar folders...

Now i want use same  effect as insert for my guitars.. 

I should do it several times.. But if folder track has insert effect.. I do it once

----------------------------------------------

6)clip gain envelope. For mixing input gain i better use it on track level not clip level.

Re : i think in this case you like harder way

Its annoying for me... I like the way in cubase and protools 

2 hours ago, solarlux said:

10) I like look when i can customize look how i need and i make my colors how i like. In many Daws i can't do it.

But no matter how much you change it, it's still dark. This is one item I would like changed. I would love the ability to essentially invert the look to be similar to the Cakewalk for Windows theme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, user6808463577169165 said:

@solarlux

1-customize fades - no problem with it and if i need to make 10 fades simultanously i don't do it by hand.

I mean one specefic fade.. In that case the shapes are limited.. I want customize it 

If you have worked with Studio One, you will realize how difficult it is to change the shape of the fades in cakewalk

2) To removing  all fades cntr +all select all clips and hold cntrl and drag triangle to front of one clip and in all clips fades will be removed. Eelegant way no problem

Re : In this method i cant remove fade in and fade out  simultaneously.. Once i should drag triangle for fade in and once for fade outs... 

It needs Shortcut or somthing else that remove ALL FADES at one time without dragging triangle( a process like remove dc offset) 

4.) I like seperated buses and i can see buses in playlist if i want and i can do wave preview if i need.

Re :When i have a project that has many tracks i like groups my instruments in track folder.. For example guitar folders...

I should do it several times.. But if folder track has insert effect.. I do it once

6)clip gain envelope. For mixing input gain i better use it on track level not clip level.

Sorry about arguring. It will be nice to make some tasks faster and i agree about faster way to reach some results with shortcut or some button

@solarlux

Why u don't  use AUX tracks over Buses? Many in Cakewalk uses Aux tracks and Patch points instead of Buses : )

Aux tracks i think are tended here to do this task what u need

I have also some expierence from Studio one where all works in buses way but i feel here is little different ways of do things.

I can say i don't likes many things from Studio One also : ) About fade in fade out in Studio one you can draw it more freely but here also maybe in future it will be available : ) In studio one much features and hard to remember all of them : ) Aux tracks also possible freeze : )

Try Aux instead of buses :) I don't know maybe u know all about auxes etc but i can reccommend this video

You can actually do clip gain like in Cubase hold cntrl and move mouse down and u will se red line :D

Edited by solarlux

22 minutes ago, solarlux said:

Why u don't  use AUX tracks over Buses? Many in Cakewalk uses Aux tracks and Patch points instead of Buses : )

Aux tracks i think are tended here to do this task what u need

I have also some expierence from Studio one where all works in buses way but i feel here is little different ways of do things.

I can say i don't likes many things from Studio One also : ) About fade in fade out in Studio one you can draw it more freely but here also maybe in future it will be available : ) In studio one much features and hard to remember all of them : ) Aux tracks also possible freeze : )

Try Aux instead of buses :) I don't know maybe u know all about auxes etc but i can reccommend this video

You can actually do clip gain like in Cubase hold cntrl and move mouse down and u will se red line :D

Yeah.. Aux tracks is good idea

But  for example when i use reverb with aux track and stereo bus

I hear a difference between their sound

I mean stereo bus sounds like a send effect

But with aux... Its like insert

10 minutes ago, user6808463577169165 said:

Yeah.. Aux tracks is good idea

But  for example when i use reverb with aux track and stereo bus

I hear a difference between their sound

I mean stereo bus sounds like a send effect

But with aux... Its like insert

In Cakewalk also CLip gain also like in Cubase i send video above

On 1/29/2021 at 11:38 AM, user6808463577169165 said:

10- huge change in color and apperance :
I think cakewalk should make fundamental changes in appearance and color ... because its appearance is completely out of fashion and should be more modern .. Cakewalk is very dark by default and this factor can greatly affect the creativity of musicians.
Look at software like Logic and ableton ... they are quite reminiscent of 2021, but cakewalk reminds me of the 90s ... 
Please do not tell me to use the theme editor because it is time consuming to work with and in  The end result does not give us a very attractive ... 
even the type and quality of colors are not good compared to other daw and I hope this will be fine one day.

Cakewalk has two themes that ship with it, a Dark Tungsten Theme and a Light Mercury (IIRC) theme.  If you want a lighter theme, you can simply go into the options and switch to it.

Dark is default in a lot of DAWs because many people work in studios or rooms with dim lighting.  Bright interfaces are eye-searing in that environment.  They aren't ergonomic.  This is why many DAWs have moved to a default dark theme, or ship with that option in the box.

I don't agree that Logic and Ableton are any less 90s than Cakewalk.  Cakewalk looks quite similar to Logic Pro 9, which is also true for Logic Pro X.  The only difference between Cakewalk and Logic Pro X is that the latter has flattened its UI design (Apple has done this to all of their products/software interfaces).

Ableton has never really seen a major UI revamp.  It still looks very similar to what it looked like many years ago.  However, they have implemented a number of QoL improvements - Dark theme, Scalable UI, etc.  But saying it is quite reminiscent of 2021 is kind of hilarious.  It's actually quite reminiscent of Ableton Live 1.0.

I think what makes Cakewalk look dated are the Windows 98 Dialogs that pop up everywhere, the way they use shadows and tinting in the UI.  The muted color palette they are using for things like Arranger/Articulation Lanes and (by default, at least) for Track Coloring isn't helping, either (it looks more terrible, and less "dated").  Also, some elements of the UI seem to be holdovers from WAY back in the day, and haven't really been updated.  Skylight is "generally" fine, but I think it's a lot less of a Revamp than meets the eye, especially when you compare the disparate components to what was there in SONAR 8.5.  A lot of that stuff was just ported over wholesale (for the most part).  I actually think Skylight was more of a skin-deep revamp than it was marketed to be (but completely revamping the workflow is also a risky move, with existing users).

Personally, I think it's best to leave it be until they plan to do a more comprehensive UI revamp.  I'm under the impression that a lot of that code and design plumbing are decades old, at this point.

Cakewalk is not REAPER.  I really don't see much need to complain, in the grand scheme of things.

The Dark UI Theme is logical.  There is a lighter theme available for use in the Program Preferences 😉

22 hours ago, Maestro said:

Cakewalk has two themes that ship with it, a Dark Tungsten Theme and a Light Mercury (IIRC) theme.  If you want a lighter theme, you can simply go into the options and switch to it.

Dark is default in a lot of DAWs because many people work in studios or rooms with dim lighting.  Bright interfaces are eye-searing in that environment.  They aren't ergonomic.  This is why many DAWs have moved to a default dark theme, or ship with that option in the box.

I don't agree that Logic and Ableton are any less 90s than Cakewalk.  Cakewalk looks quite similar to Logic Pro 9, which is also true for Logic Pro X.  The only difference between Cakewalk and Logic Pro X is that the latter has flattened its UI design (Apple has done this to all of their products/software interfaces).

Ableton has never really seen a major UI revamp.  It still looks very similar to what it looked like many years ago.  However, they have implemented a number of QoL improvements - Dark theme, Scalable UI, etc.  But saying it is quite reminiscent of 2021 is kind of hilarious.  It's actually quite reminiscent of Ableton Live 1.0.

I think what makes Cakewalk look dated are the Windows 98 Dialogs that pop up everywhere, the way they use shadows and tinting in the UI.  The muted color palette they are using for things like Arranger/Articulation Lanes and (by default, at least) for Track Coloring isn't helping, either (it looks more terrible, and less "dated").  Also, some elements of the UI seem to be holdovers from WAY back in the day, and haven't really been updated.  Skylight is "generally" fine, but I think it's a lot less of a Revamp than meets the eye, especially when you compare the disparate components to what was there in SONAR 8.5.  A lot of that stuff was just ported over wholesale (for the most part).  I actually think Skylight was more of a skin-deep revamp than it was marketed to be (but completely revamping the workflow is also a risky move, with existing users).

Personally, I think it's best to leave it be until they plan to do a more comprehensive UI revamp.  I'm under the impression that a lot of that code and design plumbing are decades old, at this point.

Cakewalk is not REAPER.  I really don't see much need to complain, in the grand scheme of things.

The Dark UI Theme is logical.  There is a lighter theme available for use in the Program Preferences 😉

The main problem is  clip's background color.... Its black by defult

In sonar 8.5 the clips was colorful 

And each clip has its default color

But from sonar platinum they changed it.. 

And if i want change default color(for background) i should use theme editor 

That it takes much time for me to tweak with it