Arturia Software Center Updated

cclarry

5 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

Microsoft Visual C++ Libraries would be considered 3rd Party resources I assume, but 
can't say that that is what this applies to

Larry, you have a point there. Most all commercial Windows application software is tied into 3rd party resources, especially those from Microsoft. But there are many other vendors as well that they have to license from.

For example, here are the 3rd party resources that Cakewalk by BandLab credits in the "About" screen:

Cakewalk 3rd party.PNG

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 4:33 PM, abacab said:

Do you have a link to what you are asking about?

Sorry.  I should have mentioned that "Third Party Resources" is one of the options during installation.  It's selectable/unselectable.  I chose not to install it but wonder if it's necessary for some of the patches to work properly.

On 1/29/2021 at 4:55 PM, abacab said:

Larry, you have a point there. Most all commercial Windows application software is tied into 3rd party resources, especially those from Microsoft. But there are many other vendors as well that they have to license from.

For example, here are the 3rd party resources that Cakewalk by BandLab credits in the "About" screen:

Cakewalk 3rd party.PNG

These all seem essential and so I'd be a bit surprised that Arturia allows you deselect them during installation (per my post above).

34 minutes ago, locrian said:

Sorry.  I should have mentioned that "Third Party Resources" is one of the options during installation.  It's selectable/unselectable.  I chose not to install it but wonder if it's necessary for some of the patches to work properly.

I think its the NKS preview sounds for use in Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol. This is a short audio file for the patch that sounds in the KK browser.

If you don't use Komplete Kontrol you do not need them.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I think its the NKS preview sounds for use in Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol. This is a short audio file for the patch that sounds in the KK browser.

If you don't use Komplete Kontrol you do not need them.

Yes -- that makes sense.  Thanks!