"Twilight Rain"

bats brew

Maybe fade in the rain sounds a little more slowly in the very beginning?

Love those vocals, the delay lines are very tasty indeed. Maybe make them a little louder relative to that very pristine guitar?

When are the drums coming in? Maybe they are not!

Bass note @ 1:52 comes in early? I dunno.

Those different lead tones towards the end are a great add.

Holy Hannah, those vocal blends are killer diller.

Dig the ending, nice sustain chord choice.

That was awesone.

cheers,

-Tom

21 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Maybe fade in the rain sounds a little more slowly in the very beginning?

Love those vocals, the delay lines are very tasty indeed. Maybe make them a little louder relative to that very pristine guitar?

When are the drums coming in? Maybe they are not!

Bass note @ 1:52 comes in early? I dunno.

Those different lead tones towards the end are a great add.

Holy Hannah, those vocal blends are killer diller.

Dig the ending, nice sustain chord choice.

That was awesone.

cheers,

-Tom

hey tom! thanks for listening,

glad you dig this one!

this one is off my 2nd album, "The time is Magic", here:

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/batsbrew

since this is a finished tune, i'll probably not mess with it anymore,

i've got another project half done right now! and thats taking all the free time i have, which is not much!

here's the guitar i used on this one:

williams-crop.jpg

See the thing is ... your vocal and guitar playing are so profesh ..... how can you not like this .. How? (But I agree that perhaps the rain should last longer ... as it does here in Devon 🌧️😉)

One of your best IMO

ATB

Supa

On 3/28/2019 at 4:17 AM, SPAK said:

See the thing is ... your vocal and guitar playing are so profesh ..... how can you not like this .. How? (But I agree that perhaps the rain should last longer ... as it does here in Devon 🌧️😉)

One of your best IMO

ATB

Supa

hey spak!

i appreciate your comments.

that was an actual rain storm, of all places, salt lake city!!

and i simply stuck my AT4033 out the open door, cranked up the preamp gain, and let it run.

that particular piece i used, seemed pretty dramatic, but would then go into a nice smooth rain.

which is kind of the memory of the lyric.

• Like 1

Boy, do I like this one. Just a great song all around -- really catchy, great playing and vocal work. Totally enjoyed it.

To my ears, the refrain evoked the slightest hints of America (the band, of course), especially in the vocal work. 

I do agree that the storm fade-in at the beginning is rather abrupt. A more deliberate fade in might work quite nicely, here.

But that's really a minor quibble. Really grade A stuff, IMHO.

Rob

On 3/30/2019 at 2:59 AM, jerrydf said:

Yes, great sng and arrangement.  I agree the vocals could be up front a bit more - it's a good voice - don't lose it!  But the guitar work is also good, nice riffs.

jdf

alright jdf! vox on a song as mellow on this, i was on the fence about....

i like the idea of having them further back, to draw the listener into the music more than just the vox.

On 3/30/2019 at 8:37 AM, Lynn said:

Another great sample of your incredible work.  Your voice and guitar playing are equally good, but can't overlook your talent for writing good lyrics!

hey lynn, thanks for the comments, that's nice of you to say.

On 3/30/2019 at 4:18 PM, Amicus717 said:

Boy, do I like this one. Just a great song all around -- really catchy, great playing and vocal work. Totally enjoyed it.

To my ears, the refrain evoked the slightest hints of America (the band, of course), especially in the vocal work. 

I do agree that the storm fade-in at the beginning is rather abrupt. A more deliberate fade in might work quite nicely, here.

But that's really a minor quibble. Really grade A stuff, IMHO.

Rob

America, i really liked that band when i was growing up, listening to the radio, funny you mention them.

they were never an influence as much as, say, CSN&Y were, but still, it's a very similar thing, to the eagles as well.

nothing wrong with those bands!!

On 4/1/2019 at 7:21 PM, edd987 said:

Nice playing and singing! Mix sounds really good as well. :) 

hi Edd, glad you enjoyed this one, it's pretty introspective.

Love it! Was waiting for drums... then figured it out. No drums, and that's fine.  Thunder & wind chimes actually do suffice. Beautiful chords,  great vocals and, how can I say it, spooky feel.  Well no, spooky is not the right word, but this piece transports me to an exotic place and I quite like it there. Thanks.  - Dan

Absoflippinlutely outstanding!!!  Every bit of this song is brilliant (as is most of what you do) and I mean this from top to bottom (e.g., performance, skill, production, arrangement, great vox and harmony, lyrics, etc., etc.).  I even like the brevity of the rain in the intro.  IMHO everything about this is professional!    Well done my friend!