How to fix the audio quality after changing the sample rate?

Michel Camacho

Question

Hi! Recently I'm working at 48k/16  for a production  but two tracks I need are in 44.1/24 so you know when you import an audio which was recorded at a different sample rate, sounds bad. Is there a way to fix this problem to make it sound correct in my current sample rate project?  I mean, I want the samples sounds perfect in my 48k/16 sample rate project without chops, slow tempo etc. 

2 answers to this question

A perfect sound is probably as difficult to hear as it is to define. That said, resampling from 44.1K to 48K would not be expected to cause "bad" artefacts. Where are you getting your sounds, and are they simple wave files or some kind of stretchable loop like REX or Acidized Wave? How exactly are you getting the sounds into your project? ?If you want to check if the problem is in your use of Cakewalk, or if you just want to resample outside of Cakewalk you might try R8Brain

On 1/28/2021 at 2:15 PM, slartabartfast said:

A perfect sound is probably as difficult to hear as it is to define. That said, resampling from 44.1K to 48K would not be expected to cause "bad" artefacts. Where are you getting your sounds, and are they simple wave files or some kind of stretchable loop like REX or Acidized Wave? How exactly are you getting the sounds into your project? ?If you want to check if the problem is in your use of Cakewalk, or if you just want to resample outside of Cakewalk you might try R8Brain

Simple .wav files. I think maybe I'm not choosing the right tempo of the songs.