Quicker Aux Tracks

Light Grenade

1 hour ago, sjoens said:

Only way I see to add an AUX track is thru an existing audio/instrument track dropdown button. 

You mean currently, yes. Its disappears on twh current menu list when you have over 150 plugins in a project. 🙆🏻‍♂️

I still think the current section in the list needs to have subfolder for it. Outputs as a Subfolder, Effects as a subfolder and Sends as a subfolder in the current list when working in the Console view. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

• 9 months later...

It doesn't really make sense to create and Aux track with nothing routed to it. To me it makes perfect sense to create it by assigning a send or output from a track to a New Aux Track. I'm not really sure what you meant about having to do a lot of scrolling...?

EDIT:  Ah, I see you're talking about scrolling through the list of existing buses and aux tracks to get to New Aux Track. Seems putting the New options at the top of the list would solve the problem.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, David Baay said:

It doesn't really make sense to create and Aux track with nothing routed to it. To me it makes perfect sense to create it by assigning a send or output from a track to a New Aux Track. I'm not really sure what you meant about having to do a lot of scrolling...?

EDIT:  Ah, I see you're talking about scrolling through the list of existing buses and aux tracks to get to New Aux Track. Seems putting the New options at the top of the list would solve the problem.

Yeah, that be the quickest solution. I think it also makes sense to insert aux tracks the same way as a bus. I guess this is a wider issue about how the menus are implemented, breaking it down into a few flyouts could help save time. 

Another one is the 'delete send' button being at the very bottom of the send menu. It would make more sense to place it at the top.

auxtracks.png

Edited by Light Grenade

8 hours ago, Light Grenade said:

Another one is the 'delete send' button being at the very bottom of the send menu. It would make more sense to place it at the top.

I agree although I saw another post recently requesting that Delete not be at the top of the FX bin context menu, so different users have different opinions about this.