There's a Hole

Barry Seymour

2 hours ago, jack c. said:

good recording job.nice chord changes.what vst plugins do ya use on voice---reverb,comp.?jack c.

TDR Kotelikov for mastering, BREVERB for reverb. I add on the compressor in Pro Channel as well. Belt and suspenders. I also use Bertram Denoiser as I'm recording from my dining room table!

Barry your voice really cuts through and has so much character ,life expirience , and clarity , I always look forward to see what you have in store and once again I´m not dissapointed , a bit slide wouldnt go a miss in the bridge methinks  .great song cheers

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Bush said:

Barry your voice really cuts through and has so much character ,life expirience , and clarity , I always look forward to see what you have in store and once again I´m not dissapointed , a bit slide wouldnt go a miss in the bridge methinks  .great song cheers

Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah, I'm conflicted on the guitar solos; not very inspired, I'd like some different textures. Slide is a great idea!

3 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I'll echo all the above; one exception, the kick is pretty "hot" on the DT990's here.

As always great songwriting and performances

t

Thanks for that observation on the kick; the pisser is it sounds different everywhere so I'm never sure what to mix for / to.  (A common problem, I know.) I have Sony headphones, plus the new Mackie mixer, which gives me a richer fuller sound. Doesn't sound too loud to me, but I'll check. I have more mixing to do in any event; the solos stick out a bit too much for my taste.

• Like 1

EDIT: Replaced with the final mix!

Here's the semi final mix. Changes:

• Re-sang the vocals with the new mixer
  • New guitar solos
  • New fretless bass solo
  • Redid 'second guitar'
  • Mixing and flavoring
  • Cover art!

Open to your thoughts.

Edited by Barry Seymour
Updated with final release
  • Like 2

Okay, I have yet ANOTHER 'final mix.' The fretless bass at the end took some finagling, but I think we finally have it where we want it.

I also added some minor bits, including more acoustic guitar.; I also remixed a bit. I think this is ready, so let me know if any of you hear any last things to tweak. And thanks!

www.barryseymour.com

Edited by Barry Seymour
Replaced with final release