Eventide iOS Apss 50% off

cclarry

Can someone explain to me the application of these apps?  

I own their plug in's.  

I understand the Korg drum machines and synth apps- you use them to make beats, sounds, etc.  

Singing into a T Pain Autotune App (rip app) and taking the output of your phone and routing it into a bumpbox then to your convertor into your DAW- sure.  Makes sense to me.  

But how are people using these?  Are they for people that want virtual guitar pedals or plug in's on their iPhone/iPad?   Is there software built in that allows wireless i/o between a computer and the iPhone/iPad?  Are they for use when using a DAW on your iPhone/iPad?  

I just don't seem to get this.  

3 hours ago, e-cue said:

Can someone explain to me the application of these apps?  

I own their plug in's.  

I understand the Korg drum machines and synth apps- you use them to make beats, sounds, etc.  

Singing into a T Pain Autotune App (rip app) and taking the output of your phone and routing it into a bumpbox then to your convertor into your DAW- sure.  Makes sense to me.  

But how are people using these?  Are they for people that want virtual guitar pedals or plug in's on their iPhone/iPad?   Is there software built in that allows wireless i/o between a computer and the iPhone/iPad?  Are they for use when using a DAW on your iPhone/iPad?  

Hiya e-cue

I don't have any of their apps but I believe from some of the descriptions they are being used wholly on the iOS device not routed to a computer. They would be used with apps such as AUM and Audiobus which allow iOS apps to share audio and use audio plugins (AUs).

Basically those two apps allow you to use say a Keyboard app, one of those Eventide apps above into an iOS daw. I have AUM but don't use it much as I'm still learning to make music digitally. 

AUM: http://kymatica.com/apps/aum

• Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.

Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.

Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them from other apps using Virtual MIDI.

Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end.

Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing.

Route MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix.

Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network. Sync old hardware to AUM via MIDI clock.

Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.

All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.

Audiobus: https://audiob.us/help/

• Audiobus is like a set of virtual cables: you can plug one app into another, into another. With Audiobus you can, for example, take that great synth app or guitar amp app (or vuvuzela simulator. Hey, no judgement here.) and run it into your favourite live-looper or sampler, or a recorder like GarageBand.

And you can add some crunchy distortion or reverb along the way, with support for a huge host of great effect apps and Audio Units: chain them together to perfect your sound.

Audiobus works great with MIDI, too: drive your favourite synth from a sequencer or an arpeggiator, or from an external MIDI keyboard, with a scale quantizer added into the mix to keep you in tune, or add a MIDI based delay effect.

Here is some more detail: https://www.cultofmac.com/621688/aum-audio-mixer-update/

6 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I still find all of this quite convoluted. At least more convoluted than using a daw with plugins on a laptop ...

Yeah I agree it is, that's the price of using a mobile device over a portable one. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, JimK said:

Yeah I agree it is, that's the price of using a mobile device over a portable one. 

Thanks for the info, JimK.  

I'll chalk this up as "Not for me- probably useful to someone else".  

Edited by e-cue