Looking for Electric Guitar Solo Samples

razor7music

On 2/7/2021 at 2:55 AM, Nigel Mackay said:

If you think about it, in its simplest form a drum kit consists of kick, snare, hihat, ride cymbal, crash cymbal and 3 toms. * "notes" if you like. Then the beat tends to be repetitive. Doesn't take much to have a wide range of grooves.

But with rock guitar solos the sky is the limit. More than 3 octaves. Various modes, keys, chord sequences.

Lay down a basic 4/4 drum beat. No-one is going to say "that has been used before." Load a guitar riff from a library, people ARE going to say "oh, i know that riff." It was used here, and later on here. It's from the XXY library isn't it, riff number 23C.

Actually i've heard some clips on recent rap tracks, and they have been used before.  You're point is valid and the general population wouldn't notice them, unless you hacked something like the Stairway to Heaven, which actually was hacked from another band. But, the original band that made the riff, didn't have as much money to have lawyers fight for it, like Led Zeppelin had. So they lost the infringement suit.

1 hour ago, Joel Stolarski said:

Speaking of Obscene learning curves. Massive. Unreal audio quality.  But to get to THAT  sound , your hearing will never be the same  :).

Yeah, I'm not so happy with Ueberschall. When I used a retune feature to change the pitch of a sample, you can still hear the original pitch playing as well.

I reached out to their support, and long story short, that just happens with some of their samples. Not acceptable to me, so I just change the pitch with Sound Forge, but that means I have to convert the tempo of the sample in CW, export the sample from Ueberschall, open the sample in Sound Forge and convert the pitch, then import the sample back into my CW project. Pretty lame, but I already spent $50 on the samples 👎

Ueberschall also doesn't have a sync playback with the host, so you can't run through a bunch of samples to listen how they sound in your project as easily as the other samplers I own. Not worth the money IMO.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, razor7music said:

Yeah, I'm not so happy with Ueberschall. When I used a retune feature to change the pitch of a sample, you can still hear the original pitch playing as well.

I reached out to their support, and long story short, that just happens with some of their samples. Not acceptable to me, so I just change the pitch with Sound Forge, but that means I have to convert the tempo of the sample in CW, export the sample from Ueberschall, open the sample in Sound Forge and convert the pitch, then import the sample back into my CW project. Pretty lame, but I already spent $50 on the samples 👎

Ueberschall also doesn't have a sync playback with the host, so you can't run through a bunch of samples to listen how they sound in your project as easily as the other samplers I own. Not worth the money IMO.

I did go and listen today on the site, and the uberschlls are maybe worth the trouble.  There is the uHe Zebra which is packed so full of samples, that it's incredibly difficult to browse. I like doing the sound design , but get lost in the process.  It's a weird place to go. Wish I could get that concentration on the guitar. Sometimes I can feel that zone, but it's fleeting. Then back to hacking and heartbreak. I have the demo Zebra. The Zebralette, is free, with less presets. I really love their plugins. Wish I could justify a purchase, but with the Corona thing, I'm in a hunker down mode, for the time being. I'm helping another friend learn some mixing,which is how I ended up getting into mixing/composing to begin with. Was getting to some nice mixes with the Ableton, and one day just realized I was going nowhere. I really didn't want to get back to it, either, but owe my friend as much help as I can manage. I actually like the Cakewalk better than Ableton. Dl'd a mastering template and whoever made it, is some kind of whiz. I'm trying to deconsruct it and figure out how to use the parts I need. Pretty tough. Alot of the plugins are missing, and it might have been made with Sonar, and diffrent plugins. One thing I can't seem to find on the present Cakewalk is a limiter, so I guess I'll be back on KVR looking for a compatible free limiter.  Another pretty cool Synth I should recommend is Vital. Again, I'm on the free one. No manual so it's kind of challenging. The sample mangler is pretty cool.  Has a text to voice or load sample to the little window, and it's another space type eerie mangler. I like it. Could never get Serum figured, just too many things going on. Lost the original  thread topic, sorry. The uHe's have some instuments. Might take a bit more trouble to tweak, but they do have incredible sound , at least to me.

1 hour ago, Joel Stolarski said:

I did go and listen today on the site, and the uberschlls are maybe worth the trouble.  There is the uHe Zebra which is packed so full of samples, that it's incredibly difficult to browse. I like doing the sound design , but get lost in the process.  It's a weird place to go. Wish I could get that concentration on the guitar. Sometimes I can feel that zone, but it's fleeting. Then back to hacking and heartbreak. I have the demo Zebra. The Zebralette, is free, with less presets. I really love their plugins. Wish I could justify a purchase, but with the Corona thing, I'm in a hunker down mode, for the time being. I'm helping another friend learn some mixing,which is how I ended up getting into mixing/composing to begin with. Was getting to some nice mixes with the Ableton, and one day just realized I was going nowhere. I really didn't want to get back to it, either, but owe my friend as much help as I can manage. I actually like the Cakewalk better than Ableton. Dl'd a mastering template and whoever made it, is some kind of whiz. I'm trying to deconsruct it and figure out how to use the parts I need. Pretty tough. Alot of the plugins are missing, and it might have been made with Sonar, and diffrent plugins. One thing I can't seem to find on the present Cakewalk is a limiter, so I guess I'll be back on KVR looking for a compatible free limiter.  Another pretty cool Synth I should recommend is Vital. Again, I'm on the free one. No manual so it's kind of challenging. The sample mangler is pretty cool.  Has a text to voice or load sample to the little window, and it's another space type eerie mangler. I like it. Could never get Serum figured, just too many things going on. Lost the original  thread topic, sorry. The uHe's have some instuments. Might take a bit more trouble to tweak, but they do have incredible sound , at least to me.

Yeah, if I didn't think their samples were any good I wouldn't use them, and I definitely wouldn't go through all the hastle to convert them for my project. Just too much trouble for me to purchase any more of their stuff.

Edited by razor7music
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 11:20 AM, razor7music said:

@sergedaigno

I'm having a little bit of trouble with the retune feature playing the original pitch along with the retuned pitch and wondered if you figured out a workaround.

Sorry to hear that. I only played with the demo version and never encountered such a problem. Have you tried to proceed clip by clip (one pitch = one clip),  instead of doing it on one shot? As I understand, that Doppler problem seems to happen when you change the pitch while playing. 

7 hours ago, sergedaigno said:

Sorry to hear that. I only played with the demo version and never encountered such a problem. Have you tried to proceed clip by clip (one pitch = one clip),  instead of doing it on one shot? As I understand, that Doppler problem seems to happen when you change the pitch while playing. 

Thanks. The doppler effect happens anytime I retune a sample. I tried clean samples too. Also, we're not talking about a large pitch change. It does it with a half step.

I can make it work. I'm glad I have Sound Forge.

• Like 1