Looking for Electric Guitar Solo Samples

razor7music

Are you looking for a library pre-canned phrases, or just a library that can do a good rock solo guitar sound?

If it's pre-canned phrases you're looking for, I'm not aware of any (if anyone does know of any - please let me know!!)

You'll probably have more luck at producer loops or a similar loop library provider, where they have a bunch of "toolkit" type samples you can drag into your project and manipulate. However, they're not cheap, and IMO they're very limited in scope.

The best results I've had for guitar solos, believe it or not, is from Band In a Box. 

[EDIT] - Just found one!! : 
https://www.wesoundhuman.com/collections/kontakt/products/rock-starter-pack  it's half price at $49 atm.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Are you looking for a library pre-canned phrases, or just a library that can do a good rock solo guitar sound?

If it's pre-canned phrases you're looking for, I'm not aware of any (if anyone does know of any - please let me know!!)

You'll probably have more luck at producer loops or a similar loop library provider, where they have a bunch of "toolkit" type samples you can drag into your project and manipulate. However, they're not cheap, and IMO they're very limited in scope.

The best results I've had for guitar solos, believe it or not, is from Band In a Box. 

[EDIT] - Just found one!! : 
https://www.wesoundhuman.com/collections/kontakt/products/rock-starter-pack  it's half price at $49 atm.

@msmcleod

Thanks for this. I was hoping there was an electric guitar equivalent to something like NI Session Drummer or the other Abby Road drum samples where you can either play each sample from a midi controller or use the midi grooves with drag n drop.

Not looking like such a thing exists. I'm mostly looking for rock guitar solos. (actually I'm only looking for solos) but I figured they'd be bundled with other stuff like strumming, chords, etc.

Edited by razor7music

17 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I would agree with that plug for BIAB. Plug in the chords, choose a style, and generate from RealTracks.

Since a solo generally follows a scale, a pre-recorded solo loop would be fairly limited in use, unless it came recorded in every key (not counting whether you would plan to transpose/pitch shift the audio somehow to match the other tracks).

• Like 1

A few free Kontakt things I got (via the deals forum on here I think), that have individual samples in them are 8Dio Post apocalyptic guitar, and 2 by Jakob Reinhardt Crispy Clean Strat, and US Dream Guitar.  Not sure if that is what you are looking for, the samples are one note each. Not for Kontakt, but I wound up buying Ample Sounds Guitar Strat and like it. I am interested in the Generation by Indiginus that does require Kontakt. 

Edited by treesha
To correct spelling and that generation does require Kontakt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, treesha said:

A few free Kontakt things I got (via the deals forum on here I think), that have individual samples in them are 8Dio Post apocalyptic guitar, and 2 by Jakob Reinhardt Crispy Clean Strat, and US Dream Guitar.  Not sure if that is what you are looking for, the samples are one note each. Not for Kontakt, but I wound up buying Ample Sounds Guitar Strat and like it. I am interested in the Generation by Indignus also not Kontakt. 

Thanks. I saw the 8Dio stuff, but I'll check out the others too!

13 hours ago, treesha said:

A few free Kontakt things I got (via the deals forum on here I think), that have individual samples in them are 8Dio Post apocalyptic guitar, and 2 by Jakob Reinhardt Crispy Clean Strat, and US Dream Guitar.  Not sure if that is what you are looking for, the samples are one note each. Not for Kontakt, but I wound up buying Ample Sounds Guitar Strat and like it. I am interested in the Generation by Indignus also not Kontakt. 

Treesha - any really good selling points on the Ample Sound Strat? 

Hi Brandon. I like its sound and favor a few of the presets. Im at a disadvantage cause my keyboard doesn't let me switch articulations using keys. Its complicated to me and I haven’t had it very long, using it on my 2nd song now. I want to try the generation too. I watched many YouTube videos before buying but i am nowhere near as proficient on keys as the video ppl. Overall pretty pleased but don’t have the best equipment or keyboard skills. But fun to use and learn for me.    

1 hour ago, Joel Stolarski said:

I was looking for something unusual and found a very strange cloudrum free plugin. Then I listed to an acoustic guitar plugin, and owning 5 real ,physical guitars ... extraordinary plugins audio quality. Acoustic is free. They have a bunch of electrics, not sure what they cost.

https://www.amplesound.net/en/index.asp

Ample is well known around here. They make quality stuff. Their free P-Bass is really good too,  and I bought their 5-string bass.

Don't have any of their electrics yet.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 4:28 AM, razor7music said:

@msmcleod

Thanks for this. I was hoping there was an electric guitar equivalent to something like NI Session Drummer or the other Abby Road drum samples where you can either play each sample from a midi controller or use the midi grooves with drag n drop.

Not looking like such a thing exists. I'm mostly looking for rock guitar solos. (actually I'm only looking for solos) but I figured they'd be bundled with other stuff like strumming, chords, etc.

If you think about it, in its simplest form a drum kit consists of kick, snare, hihat, ride cymbal, crash cymbal and 3 toms. * "notes" if you like. Then the beat tends to be repetitive. Doesn't take much to have a wide range of grooves.

But with rock guitar solos the sky is the limit. More than 3 octaves. Various modes, keys, chord sequences.

Lay down a basic 4/4 drum beat. No-one is going to say "that has been used before." Load a guitar riff from a library, people ARE going to say "oh, i know that riff." It was used here, and later on here. It's from the XXY library isn't it, riff number 23C.

• Like 1

@razor7music - I've got this one in my collection and totally forgot about it: https://8dio.com/instrument/songwriting-guitar/

It comes with a bunch of guitar licks you can string together to make solos.  Best of all, it's free!

image.png.e7e15a2f883073df55c5119eaa295983.png

The keys in blue each play a different lick (there's 5 nki instruments, so essentially you've got 5 banks of licks).

All of the licks conform to a single key signature. Two of the nki instruments are in C, whereas three are in G.  The red keys in the lower register pitch shift the key of the riff into whatever key you want.

The yellow keys at the top apply various effects presets to the lick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2021 at 7:27 AM, sergedaigno said:

Maybe something different like this could worth to check. Solos are somewhat baked but their elastic technology make it possible to rearrange them.  

https://www.ueberschall.com/products/instruments/electric guitar/2/releaseDate/28.en.html

@sergedaigno

Just curious if you have ueberschall? I'm having a little bit of trouble with the retune feature playing the original pitch along with the retuned pitch and wondered if you figured out a workaround.

I reached out to their support and they said I have to twirl the sensitivity and pitch dials to try to remove the doppler effect, but I'm not having any luck.

I've got other tools, like Sound Forge if I need to change the pitch of a sample, but I can't imagine that someone would have to do that.

Any advice?

• Like 1