He Sounds Like a Goat with Emphysema

Vernon Barnes

Any of the unfortunates that have heard any of  my guide vocals may think the comment was made about me but the person referred to was the illustrious Robert Fripp.

https://www.dgmlive.com/tour-dates/2477

In the notes on this collection of takes from the studio sessions for King Crimson's Lizard Pablo Cordero writes.

PRINCE RUPERT AWAKES This session starts with a blast: the very first thing we hear is Robert Fripp singing the opening lines of this song! And his delivery is so powerful and melodious, one can only wonder why he didn't just go on to become King Crimson's lead singer after Greg Lake's departure. (Just kidding. He sounds like a goat with emphysema.) We then go in earnest into what is in effect a fascinating alternate mix of this track. It starts with Jon Anderson singing the first verse only accompanied by the drum beat,

You will not hear Fripp unless you purchase the downloads, the 30 second preview focuses on Jon Anderson but Fripp actually sounds worse than me, but unlike my guides it has not been extensively corrected with Melodyne,

I find these King Crimson sessions very interesting. You are not going to play them in place of the final mixes but they reveal a lot about the creative process.

On 1/27/2021 at 1:03 PM, Vernon Barnes said:

Any of the unfortunates that have heard any of  my guide vocals may think the comment was made about me but the person referred to was the illustrious Robert Fripp.

https://www.dgmlive.com/tour-dates/2477

In the notes on this collection of takes from the studio sessions for King Crimson's Lizard Pablo Cordero writes.

You will not hear Fripp unless you purchase the downloads, the 30 second preview focuses on Jon Anderson but Fripp actually sounds worse than me, but unlike my guides it has not been extensively corrected with Melodyne,

I find these King Crimson sessions very interesting. You are not going to play them in place of the final mixes but they reveal a lot about the creative process.

I'm pretty sure they would sell way more copies of those if the samples had that bit.