Vegas Pro 18 updated to Build 434

cclarry

Just now, Starise said:

Does anyone know of  better program for video without a subscription?

DaVinci Resolve is free, Hitfilm Express is free, I guess it depend on "what you need",
and what you mean by "better"!

Right now you get Pinnacle Studio 24 Ultimate ($129.99 value) from Humble Bundle for

$10, or you can get the entire bundle that includes Painter 2020 and a bunch of Brush Packs
for $30

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/design-expression-powerhouse-software

9 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

DaVinci Resolve is free, Hitfilm Express is free, I guess it depend on "what you need",
and what you mean by "better"!

Right now you get Pinnacle Studio 24 Ultimate ($129.99 value) from Humble Bundle for

$10, or you can get the entire bundle that includes Painter 2020 and a bunch of Brush Packs
for $30

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/design-expression-powerhouse-software

Thanks Larry. I'll check these out.

I want to make short videos for my music. The ability to use vst plug ins is something I like in Vegas, even if it was clunky and only worked part of the time.. Also Vegas seems to have one of the largest media acceptance lists. Some of these programs won't take certain video formats . I already have  Vegas movie maker and they are always out to get me to upgrade. I might get a better deal on version 18 pro that way. Not sure.

The biggest issue for me is in finding video. Most videos for sale online are short clips. I think I want my videos to be more story like if possible.  I'm looking for 4K. This is difficult to do using short clips not related to one another. I can't afford to hire a videographer to make videos for me either. I realize that isn't a program specific problem. Just thinking out loud.

Edited by Starise

What I've found is that very few, even at the top end, will import .mkv Videos, which really surprised me!
I just about all the top ones, and none of them would natively import .mkv Videos.  I had to download a separate convert and convert the .mkv to 
mp4 for them to be able to import it!