Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cclarry

Steinberg Download Assistant, Cubase, Groove Agent/SE, Retrologue, and eLicenser Software Updated

Recommended Posts

Run the SDA to update

Cubase udpated to 11.0.10
Retrologue Updated to 2.2.40
Groove Agent/SE updated to 5.0.40

Edited by Larry Shelby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

plus Groove Agent and Groove Agent SE 👍

And just remind me - what it the point of doing all that work coding a downloader 'assistant' and not bother to let you know what needs updating ?....isn't that the number 1 most important thing that the 'assistant' should 'assist' with ?   Maybe the devs missed the initial get-go meeting :D

 

 

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, simon said:

plus Groove Agent and Groove Agent SE 👍

My copies were current so that didn't show for me...

EDIT:  They must have changed it right after I posted this...

Edited by Larry Shelby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Larry Shelby said:

My copies were current so that didn't show for me...

I thought that was released today too ? 

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/release-notes/11/

"New releases of GrooveAgent SE (version 5.0.40) and Retrologue (version 2.2.40)"

Surely the 'Assistant' will know ........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, simon said:

I thought that was released today too ? 

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/release-notes/11/

"New releases of GrooveAgent SE (version 5.0.40) and Retrologue (version 2.2.40)"

Surely the 'Assistant' will know ........

Yep...they did...It just wasn't showing in the DA when I checked!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simon said:

plus Groove Agent and Groove Agent SE 👍

And just remind me - what it the point of doing all that work coding a downloader 'assistant' and not bother to let you know what needs updating ?....isn't that the number 1 most important thing that the 'assistant' should 'assist' with ?   Maybe the devs missed the initial get-go meeting :D

 

 

Totally agree. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Larry Shelby said:

My copies were current so that didn't show for me...

EDIT:  They must have changed it right after I posted this...

The odd moments when Larry is posting quicker than a given download managers deliver updates.

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised that my other DAWs had updates before Cubase.  I don't care how it's much better for midi but I'm not a fan of Cubase.  Their hub is annoying.  Two clicks to exit the program.  Click on Reaper or FL Studio and you are ready to begin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been a huge fan of cubase... but I found out last night that the midi drum editor is really good 😂

My son asked me for a solution to compose his drum parts using an audio guitar track as a reference (he usually does it in Guitar Pro).

I managed to get something working with BFD3's groove editor, but the interface is clunky and outdated, and the scrolling doesn't sync with the DAW (the playback kinda does, depending on how it's set up).

I tried all the DAWs I have, and the piano rolls are cumbersome to use for this. I gave a shot at Cubase 11 (freshly installed the demo just for the purpose).. and it was just so many miles ahead that everything else I used.... Only fools don't change their minds 😅

  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...