14 TB WD Mybook

cclarry

22 minutes ago, jude77 said:

14 TB is that possible?!?!?!  Is it missing a decimal point?  Should it be 1.4?   How much longer will it be until we have HDs in the hundreds of TB?  I'm kind of amazed.  

I can remember when I got a 20 Mb Hard Drive and was ECSTATIC that I had so much storage space...LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Larry Shelby said:

I can remember when I got a 20 Mb Hard Drive and was ECSTATIC that I had so much storage space...LOL

Luxury! Back in my day, we were over the moon when double sided double density floppy disks were introduced with a whopping 720KB capacity. And we couldn't believe it when high density was introduce with 1.2MB total.

• Like 2

Showing my age here but..

My first computer was a Win 95 Gateway!! 120mhz Pentium Baby!!!

And my friend told me I would never fill that 1.6gb drive. 

Now I have a 12TB WD Elements, and a 4TB Elements, for external storage. : )

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grem said:

Showing my age here but..

My first computer was a Win 95 Gateway!! 120mhz Pentium Baby!!!

And my friend told me I would never fill that 1.6gb drive. 

Now I have a 12TB WD Elements, and a 4TB Elements, for external storage. : )

Oh I was working on DOS...Started with Wordperfect 4 and Lotus 123 version 2...
And when Windows 3.0 came out I was in HEAVEN!  I could FINALLY run multiple DOS Programs
and copy Data from one Window to another!  Saved me HOURS of Data Entry!

Now I am going to really show my age. My first programs were written using punched cards and fed into an IBM 360/370 mainframe. My first actual computer was an Atari 400 with a tape drive, followed by a Commodore 64 with a single floppy drive. This was followed by an Atari 520ST. The great thing about the ST is that it had MIDI ports and I bought a Yamaha DX21 to hook up to the ST and wrote my own crude sequencer to control it. Glory days they were.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Now I am going to really show my age. My first programs were written using punched cards and fed into an IBM 360/370 mainframe. My first actual computer was an Atari 400 with a tape drive, followed by a Commodore 64 with a single floppy drive. This was followed by an Atari 520ST. The great thing about the ST is that it had MIDI ports and I bought a Yamaha DX21 to hook up to the ST and wrote my own crude sequencer to control it. Glory days they were.

Yep...I had those too!  Playing "Oregon Trail" with the Punch Cards was always a hoot...LOL
I also had a Texas Instruments 99/4a...oh yes...and I had "Pong"...the ORIGINAL...LOL

• Like 2

I had a Mac Plus with a Systems 6 and 7 disk.  I would drive it to college and carry it around  because it had a handle in the back.   I though I was something.   I next purchased a Mac Performa 405 and was in heaven with the 80 MB Hard drive,   Then I met Windows 3.1 and it changed my life  when they got Windows 95 right I never went back to Mac.

image.thumb.png.da98fcdc9f46c96f412ee6dde42c01cd.png

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 2