demo2

Hidden Symmetry

9 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

super chill track.  For some reason I it reminded me of clouds of marijuana smoke wafting over an audience.  ;D:D

Thanks David, that's a good sign.

4 hours ago, garybrun said:

Beautiful.
Now my sub can hear the bass 😉
Was it the upper harmonics ringing out before because it was fretless.

Thanks Gary, I used a different & less forward eq then eased back the HPF a bit.

On 1/29/2021 at 6:07 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

What's not to like?  Mellow, smooth jazz with a haunting melody and beautiful arrangement make for a very tranquil piece of music.  Brilliant!

Many thanks Lynn.

21 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Nice chord changes in there. Horns have realistic detail.
Excellent orchestration bringing it all together.
The water heater in the studio made me laugh, but if you can work around it then why not?

-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn, just hope it doesn't spring a leak when I'm playing my guitar.

On 1/27/2021 at 10:32 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

DON'T  go by my mixes!!..when I'm in Florida for the winter this my studio, a 2 foot deep closet w/ inexpensive BX5a's & a water heater to boot!

fl_studio_closet.jpg.e6c39c7c27e6d1c478c

I've used that trick from time to time, usually works better with regular kick & typical elec, bass but I don't seem to get good results using it with upright or fret-less..great point though & I'll try it on this track. Thanks again Gary for your help & suggestions- very helpful.

I have that exact same Keystation in my studio. Haven't had the heart to sell it. Very useful for what it is.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Just listened to the new mix - sounds really good now and can definitely hear the bass nicely on my old KRKV8's (no sub)

Nigel

Thanks Nigel, glad the mix is working for you.

13 hours ago, Wayne Shirley said:

I'm pretty new here and just starting to listen to the music created, but sir, that is very, very nice.  Great job!

Thanks Wayne, I appreciate the listen & comments.

1 hour ago, Douglas Kirby said:

A bit different from your usual fare - I thought you and your collab mates did a nice job on this song.

I thought the mix sounded pretty good to me.

Thanks Douglas!