Fast Idea of existing x ray feature with combination of piano roll and audio

solarlux

Fast Idea of  Cakewalk existing   x ray feature  function with combination of piano roll and audio. It can work better if Bakers might make some switch function between x rayed and what is behind etc. fast working with audio and midi simultaneously. This feature can be improved and make workflow very advanced. All can be edited behind piano roll.

Edited by solarlux
  • Great Idea 3

X-Ray is an old feature designed for dealing with plug-ins in the XP era.

This FR appears like a refinement of

While waiting for either feature the inline PRV (albeit not nearly as convenient as the full PRV) is a way to view and edit both audio and MIDI data on the same timeline with a common Aim Assist and Now line.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, scook said:

X-Ray is an old feature designed for dealing with plug-ins in the XP era.

This FR appears like a refinement of

While waiting for either feature the inline PRV (albeit not nearly as convenient as the full PRV) is a way to view and edit both audio and MIDI data on the same timeline with a common Aim Assist and Now line.

I see big potential of  this x - ray feature need to add more functionality to it.

35 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

This is an excellent idea I like it

Yes but need some sinhronization issues figure out but it can be solved. Maybe this idea can become better.

Need to move transport lines from each screen side by side

Edited by solarlux

2 hours ago, solarlux said:

Fast Idea of  Cakewalk existing   x ray feature  function with combination of piano roll and audio. It can work better if Bakers might make some switch function between x rayed and what is behind etc. fast working with audio and midi simultaneously. This feature can be improved and make workflow very advanced. All can be edited behind piano roll.

When I first saw it, I thought, didn't we talked it before. But this is different and maybe I can made in the Cakefolk™.

5 minutes ago, murat k. said:

When I first saw it, I thought, didn't we talked it before. But this is different and maybe I can made in the Cakefolk™.

Yes but need to figure out how synhronize transport lines between piano roll and audio window. Ic can be done but maybe is some more elegant way to align both together.Maybe Bakers can use it in future as base of something new special.

Edited by solarlux

2 minutes ago, solarlux said:

Yes but need to figure out how synhronize transport lines between piano roll and audio window. Ic can be done but maybe is some more elegant way to align both together.

Alignments can be made. It is hard but not impossible. If the developers will be not interested in showing audio tracks in PRV, we can make it possible with this way.

11 minutes ago, murat k. said:

Alignments can be made. It is hard but not impossible. If the developers will be not interested in showing audio tracks in PRV, we can make it possible with this way.

Yes some automatic size and alignment adjustments for both screens sync maybe we can figure oute some way. I know its not natural way but i like figure out unusual ways how to do something. I also know these feature was invented for other purpose but often some new ideas born from old ideas. I think these x-ray can be used in many ways. Base already have built in.

Edited by solarlux

9 minutes ago, solarlux said:

Yes some automatic size and alignment adjustments for both screens sync maybe we can figure oute some way

Track View and PRV has different proportions when zooming. We need to find a size that are equal in every screen. I guess found one. So this means when we do that, you can see two screens with one zoom level. I mean you can't zoom but you can scroll. Maybe there can be more than one zoom levels and you can jump between them.

1 minute ago, murat k. said:

Track View and PRV has different proportions when zooming. We need to find a size that are equal in every screen. I guess found one. So this means when we do that, you can see two screens with one zoom level. I mean you can't zoom but you can scroll. Maybe there can be more than one zoom levels and you can jump between them.

Bakers can make zoom sync or something like that. Two windows connected and cooming together and aligned perfect when this feature switched on

Edited by solarlux

9 hours ago, solarlux said:

Maybe screenset can be used to save zoom of 2 windows perfectly fited? : ) + autoscroll on

Thank for the idea @solarlux but we still don't know what the developers think about this issue. If they decide to view audio waveforms in PRV, this thing would be not necessary.