Option for piano roll when alt pressed and inserting note with mouse allow move note also left and right instead of resizing it before mouse released.

solarlux

Note insertion option
to changing behaviour when inserting note in piano roll by pressing alt
and clicking mouse when mouse not released allow moving inserted note not only
vertical direction but also horizontal ditrection instead of resizing it. Maybe some option in
prefferences where is possible to change this default behaviour of smart tool  in piano roll  notes insertion when
ALT pressed.

Edited by solarlux
  • Like 1

Here in video i Pressing alt and inserting note with single click and not releasing mouse and i can move note up and down but when i  trying move left or right it resizes my note not moving left or right. Possible option to change this behaviour in preferences or somewhere else

Edited by solarlux

6 minutes ago, murat k. said:

I get it. Changing the note size by moving the mouse left or right when pressing Alt key on the keyboard. It would be a nice improvement. I liked it.

Now i can do it but i want to make option to off this note resize but instead move also left right not resizing.

5 minutes ago, scook said:

Currently, the functions supplied by the smart tool may be altered the hot spots and key combinations bound to the functions cannot.

Why Steve? Can't we add a function to Shift+Alt+Mouse Move for instance, if ALt+Mouse Move function is not possible? It seems nothing doing different in PRV with Shift+Alt combination with the Smart Tool. I mean it seems available. 

11 minutes ago, murat k. said:
23 minutes ago, scook said:

Currently, the functions supplied by the smart tool may be altered the hot spots and key combinations bound to the functions cannot.

Why Steve? Can't we add a function to Shift+Alt+Mouse Move for instance, if ALt+Mouse Move function is not possible? It seems nothing doing different in PRV with Shift+Alt combination with the Smart Tool. I mean it seems available. 

7 minutes ago, murat k. said:

I think I found a way! This function may be available in the next release of the Cakefolk™!

My post concerns what is available within the program itself, the scope of this forum.

Clip hot spots and smart tool bindings are hard coded.

The smart tool is not in the keyboard shortcuts area drop down in preferences.

Maybe is possible to add option into prefferences whn i pressing alt and inserting note i can move also right and left instead of risizing note and resize note i can when i released mouse. for example when i fastly inserting 1/16 notes i don't need resize them but instantly move it up or down or left or right. before i releasing mouse. Posibble simple scenarios when need input notes fast and resizing no matters but positioning matters fast.

Edited by solarlux

3 minutes ago, scook said:

Clip hot spots and smart tool bindings are hard coded.

Steve we were talking about changing the note sizes with the Alt key in PRV. This talk is not about Clips. Are they related?

4 minutes ago, scook said:

My post concerns methods available within the program itself.

Of course. When talking to you I found a way to achieve it in Cakefolk™ and said it with the excitement.

7 minutes ago, scook said:

The smart tool is not in the keyboard shortcuts area drop down.

Sure. But developers can add some new features to the Smart Tool. Can't they? 

Note hot spots are hard coded too.

See the documentation linked above.

Of course, BandLab owns the source code and may modify it as they see fit.

Even in the context of this forum, it is difficult to tell in some posts if one is asking "does a feature exist" or "could a feature be added."

Generally when I post in this area, I post about existing features and how they work hence the links to the documentation.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scook said:

Even in the context of this forum, it is difficult to tell in some posts if one is asking "does a feature exist" or "could a feature be added."

Generally when I post in this area, I post about existing features hence the links to the documentation.

Idea is pretty simple when i using smart tool and fastly need insert one sized notes i need positioning note not resising it. Now i press alt and i need release mouse and click again on note to move it left or right direction  but it's extra step in scenarious where positioning matters not note size

Edited by solarlux

1 minute ago, scook said:

Generally when I post in this area, I post about existing features hence the links to the documentation.

Thank you Steve. I get what were you talking about.

2 minutes ago, solarlux said:

Idea is pretty simple when i using smart tool and fastly need insert one sized notes i need positioning note not resising it. Now i press alt and i need release mouse and click again on note to move it but it's extra step in scenarious where positioning matters not note size

Now I can move inserted note anywhere without resizing it when holding the Alt key. 

You can select the note size at first from this menu:

image.png.51658d8e2a862afd525d5e8e36282750.png

So you don't need to resize it and move the note anywhere. Is it works for you?

4 minutes ago, murat k. said:

Now I can move inserted note anywhere without resizing it when holding the Alt key. 

You can select the note size at first from this menu:

image.png.51658d8e2a862afd525d5e8e36282750.png

So you don't need to resize it and move the note anywhere. Is it works for you?

Yes but when i clicking 1/16 note and inserting it i need positioning it left or rigt instead of resizing it : ) In simple words for example pencil tool when holding alt not drawing series of repetive notes but allows move note before i release mouse

Edited by solarlux

1 minute ago, murat k. said:

Finally. 

If you select draw tool, you can make it.

Yes i can do it by choosing pencil and holding alt key, OMG i 'm total idiot. Cakewalk already have best Piano roll of all DAWS and no joking. This DAW is beast if i can also select multiple notes and hear sound of chord when i clicking on one note

Edited by solarlux