Two Status Headphones are now $44

Reid Rosefelt

These list for $120 but are usually discounted.  But this is the lowest I've seen.

CB-1

https://www.status.co/products/cb1

I have these and love them.  I use Sonarworks for my mixing. 

BT-One Wireless

https://www.status.co/products/btone?_ke=eyJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogImdWTkdOZCIsICJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJyZWlkcm9zZWZlbHRAZ21haWwuY29tIn0%3Da

This is a good company that really stands behind their products. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I read good things online about the CB-1 before I bought my pair.  Their stuff is cheap because you buy direct from the creator.  They sell on Amazon too, but it's not something you'll find in stores.   Kind of like Warby Parker or razor blades or underwear.

Things don't have to be expensive to be quality.  And Sonarworks covers them, so I can get a flat response for mixing.  Almost all headphones color the sound one way or another. 

And from the other side, when I looked to replace my AKGs, I read a lot of funky stuff online, like the ones they were currently selling weren't as good as the ones I had that disintegrated. My AKGs still sound good but they are crumbling away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They do look like nice cans Reid.

I do have Sonarworks. It covers my ATH-M50 and my Sennheiser HD-600.  I also bought a pair of HD-598 with a specific calibrated profile directly from Sonarworks.

I'll keep these in mind for the future though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

Loooove my beige 598s

Love the sound here to, but honestly hate the color.  The headphone bag makes them look awful as the black wears off on the headband.  

I prefer the sound to many pricier sets, to me they are just fantastic.  Forgiving enough to really enjoy listening to music but accurate enough to have fun mixing.  

Toneboosters morphit also has a profile to make then flatter or any shade in-between 

Edited by Brian Walton

12 hours ago, artturner said:

Picked up the CB-1's. Used the code "FRANKP10" for an additional $10 off.

9 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Hey, thanks @artturner, you just saved me ten bucks! 

11 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I'm very interested to hear what you think of them.   $34 is a pretty great price. 

Had to do it at such a price too.

• Like 3

Interesting review.  Seeing them as consumer items, which they are.

"If you're used to consumer headphones that pump up bass or accentuate vocals, the CB-1s might sound dull."

Not bad for us, who are looking for flat.

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/status-audio-cb-1-review/

Very interested in what you all think.   I really like that these don't have any branding on them at all.  To me, that's elegant. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt