View -can you make it so you "always" only see notes in event view?

Michael Fogarty

Occasionally of course I want to see everything (controllers/expression/volume pedal 64/127, etc) but often I will want to check parts (tracks) against each other to see where the notes are hitting too far off, delete only controllers, etc, but most of the time I want to see only the notes to fix timing issues, change the note to something else.. I know I can go to view and turn everything  off one at a time, but if I go work on another track and come back to this, I have to repeat the process. Any takers?

Edited by Michael Fogarty

You can use the Filter in Event List to display exactly what you want, but I don't know of a way to configure it so that it always displays only notes, or CC events or other events. It seems to be a case-by-case thing. 

The Event Filter is a little-used feature of Cakewalk, because most people don't do a lot in Event List. I use it a lot myself. 

For those who don't know about this feature, you get to it through the Edit Menu, then select, then select by filter. It actually is very powerful. For example, if you want to delete all volume events, you can set the filter for CC7 (minimum and maximum values the same), It will select only those events and you can delete them all with a click. Since I do orchestral stuff, I sometimes need to do this after importing from another DAW where I did things differently. A big time-saver when you have hundreds of events.

image.png.074eba6a049eaea076624d3348f6d429.png

image.png.f7e3b21c16393489b9407cdee78bed1f.png      image.png.7179b76d02d8d71444b7b5fa02fbbe22.png 

UPDATE: I cannot get the Event Manager settings to be saved/recalled with Workspaces.  Not sure if I have done something wrong, or if they don't get stored because the Event Manager settings are not UI settings.  If they are not, it might be nice to have some user definable presets somewhere--in the Event Manager or elsewhere.  

Also, couldn't save the settings with screensets. So, probably not considered UI savable settings.  

Edited by User 905133
to add some info; to add "View" drop down

14 hours ago, tecknot said:

Hi Michael,

I am guessing you are talking about the Piano Roll View.  You can set up a Screenset for this.  It should work as I have made one myself and it stays consistent.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Hi tecknot. No, as in my heading I am talking about event view. As I would eventually be using this on any one of 50 tracks at different time I don't think a screenset would work would it? There are only 10 places to save the screensets I believe.

Edit: Seems like someone tried what you suggested and it doesn't work.

Edited by Michael Fogarty

12 hours ago, mdiemer said:

You can use the Filter in Event List to display exactly what you want, but I don't know of a way to configure it so that it always displays only notes, or CC events or other events. It seems to be a case-by-case thing. 

The Event Filter is a little-used feature of Cakewalk, because most people don't do a lot in Event List. I use it a lot myself. 

For those who don't know about this feature, you get to it through the Edit Menu, then select, then select by filter. It actually is very powerful. For example, if you want to delete all volume events, you can set the filter for CC7 (minimum and maximum values the same), It will select only those events and you can delete them all with a click. Since I do orchestral stuff, I sometimes need to do this after importing from another DAW where I did things differently. A big time-saver when you have hundreds of events.

hello. I assume this is my answer -it can't be done. I use event view all the time. As I use it so much I have a shortcut (Control E) to open it.

12 hours ago, User 905133 said:

image.png.074eba6a049eaea076624d3348f6d429.png

image.png.f7e3b21c16393489b9407cdee78bed1f.png      image.png.7179b76d02d8d71444b7b5fa02fbbe22.png 

UPDATE: I cannot get the Event Manager settings to be saved/recalled with Workspaces.  Not sure if I have done something wrong, or if they don't get stored because the Event Manager settings are not UI settings.  If they are not, it might be nice to have some user definable presets somewhere--in the Event Manager or elsewhere.  

Also, couldn't save the settings with screensets. So, probably not considered UI savable settings.  

thank you. Thanks for taking all the time out to try this. Much appreciated.