Cakewalk crashing when I use the TTS-1 synthesizer for instruments

11 hours ago, TBK said:

I had a D50 at one time. Wish I had kept it. I still have my MT32 and D110.  I wrote an editor for both so I get the gist of how they work. The original MT32 was way too noisy, especially the reverb. D110 was better. 

I'll check out the SC VST more.

Thanks as always!

I've now got a D110, but for a long time, I used the CM-32L which is basically an MT32 with a much lower noise floor and without the display. It also had double the waveforms, and a bunch of sound-fx samples in the drum track. I later replaced it with a CM-64 which is the CM-32L and the CM-32P (a U110 with no display) combined.

Having written editors for both, I'm sure you know that although the MT-32 / D110 share a very similar architecture, the PCM waveforms are different - so patches transferred between them will sound different. The CM-32L / CM-64 are great low noise alternatives to the MT-32, but you'll obviously need an editor to change anything. I believe the D5 is also basically an MT-32 with a lower noise floor.

Man you are bringing back some memories! I never got to play with the CM's or D5. How about a Roland YS-100 for being cheap!

My editors just allowed you to change the parameters, I never thought about porting samples between them. Hell, I used ANSI.SYS to boot.

Edited by TBK