I am such a low achiever 🤔

53mph

I've been making music for years (since before digital) and I've been releasing music on platforms for years....but only yesterday I got my first subscriber on Bandcamp.

Mixed in with the joy was the realisation.....I am such a low achiever. 😆

2 hours ago, craigb said:

Well, with my ADHD, I start out with good intentions then try to find just the sound I'm looking for.  After playing 4,322 snippets I finally stop and... SQUIRREL!

Hey I saw that Squirrel first!  Go get your own 🤡

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bayoubill said:

You see they thought I was playing......................never mind 

I remember when that happened to a British comedian called Tommy Cooper on stage...in front of the Royal Family.... live on TV.

He had a heart attack, slumped to the floor...and then audience continued laughing as if it was part of the act. 

... Then the show had to go on.... With a very confused audience. 😕

I’m a virtual musician - I virtually create music. It very flexible as it allows me to live vicariously through this forum and YouTube. That way I can maintain my full time occupation of “Couch Potato”.

The pay’s lousy but there’s no tax or paper work.

Edited by Michael Vogel
  • Like 1

I could go on about how we are all valuable and we all have something to give to the world but I suspect this isn't a serious thread and no one wants a pep talk.

It is what it is I guess. It's a 1st world problem. Having the gear and tech to make music professionally but deciding not to make money at it is a true luxury generations past either knew nothing about or dreamed of doing but couldn't. 

44 minutes ago, Starise said:

I could go on about how we are all valuable and we all have something to give to the world but I suspect this isn't a serious thread and no one wants a pep talk.

Go on - Pep me. Pep me.

I love a good pep talk.

25 minutes ago, 53mph said:

Go on - Pep me. Pep me.

I love a good pep talk.

The big questions to answer here are probably much larger than a thread could support or allow IMHO. I could give you the condensed version.

You've put up some pretty good acoustic guitar music.  You've made some nice nature recordings. You've maybe been a musician at local places to where you live.

What more could a man want? Make music for yourself , make music for others, make music for God ( if you are prone in that direction) and maybe not in that order.  I think these are achievements worth noting. If you believe we were made and not evolved as I do, then we were made to make music as a part of what we do or maybe it's all some of us do. Ask yourself why. Just a thought. If you can answer the WHY, you have answered many other questions.;)

• Like 1