Mysterious Vibe - Any ideas about this intro?

whoisp

8 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Exactly my thoughts - sounds like you could turn this into a good track

Nigel

I will try to turn into a good track, the idea is there, see what happens, i just wanted to try some comping for the first time. My acoustic needs a service, its not had one for 10yrs and fingers getting old, there's some buzz ..

19 hours ago, mark skinner said:

The piano and acoustic sounds nice.. I thought the intro was too busy with the lead guitars. Sounded more like a break instead of easing you in to the smooth 1st verse.     mark

My intention to have a busy intro, the mix will sort it out how i want it, this was an idea to get down to do a full song, had to get it down whilst was in head. i will do some more tonight and see what happens. The whole idea was to practice comping as i normally just do a couple of takes and choose one, as i just like writing but ive never done comping as i tend not to get ***** with detail, i like to keep it real and raw, but using a daw is changing me lol

Many directions you could take here. I would say you could get way more interesting with the drums and a bass. Maybe start the 1st verse intro with no vox and a more legato guitar with a build up from the guitar. Like a slow ramp up. If it's a three verse tune, maybe take it up a notch the second verse, then add a chorus that's a departure in chord progression from the verses, then back to a last verse and then either end it or add the chorus or a variation of it to the end, Could fade out with the same guitar that the song came in on to solidify the song as a whole. 

As for the words. Mysterious woman-How? What did she do? Maybe add that idea into the rest of the tune. Sometimes giving the subject a name helps.  Something like "Oh Marie, how could you do that to me?" or " Marie she's out in the world turning silk for a rich man who wanders away from the sun" ......iow poetic  writing as opposed to real situational writing.  Just sayin' :)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Starise said:

Many directions you could take here. I would say you could get way more interesting with the drums and a bass. Maybe start the 1st verse intro with no vox and a more legato guitar with a build up from the guitar. Like a slow ramp up. If it's a three verse tune, maybe take it up a notch the second verse, then add a chorus that's a departure in chord progression from the verses, then back to a last verse and then either end it or add the chorus or a variation of it to the end, Could fade out with the same guitar that the song came in on to solidify the song as a whole. 

As for the words. Mysterious woman-How? What did she do? Maybe add that idea into the rest of the tune. Sometimes giving the subject a name helps.  Something like "Oh Marie, how could you do that to me?" or " Marie she's out in the world turning silk for a rich man who wanders away from the sun" ......iow poetic  writing as opposed to real situational writing.  Just sayin' :)

See where it takes me, its still a mystery haha

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 2:26 PM, Starise said:

On 1/27/2021 at 5:21 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Exactly my thoughts - sounds like you could turn this into a good track

Nigel

Takes a twist

• Like 1