My New Video: How to Stop Wasting Time and Actually Write Some Music: The Sequel!

Reid Rosefelt

In my last video I talked about making music with a small group of instruments in different musical ranges. Also, I talked about making your music in a three part structure, with a beginning, middle and end.

In  this one I take another shot at writing a piece of music with the Sonuscore Vocal Ethnic Phrases library, this time with my attempt at Gypsy Jazz.  Unfortunately it turned out to be Klezmer music.  You can't always get what you want.  But at least I finished it! 

I still didn't mix it though.  On to the next video...

PS a lot more in focus this week.  New lens!  New lights!  And you thought music software was a money pit.  🥵

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

When I put this video up less than a day ago, I had 250 subscribers, and now I have 247.  I guess it was worth the two weeks and $$$  I spent making it.  😡

Yeah, watching those numbers can sometimes get into your head, along with the single thumbs down, and don’t get me started on handling negative comments. I guess those are the land mines placed in the path of those willing to take the risk to put themselves out there.

You have a very unique and entertaining way of presenting that is fun to watch. Just keep your eyes on the prize and don’t stop producing and uploading.  I will be watching 🤓

All the best!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Yeah, watching those numbers can sometimes get into your head, along with the single thumbs down, and don’t get me started on handling negative comments. I guess those are the land mines placed in the path of those willing to take the risk to put themselves out there.

You have a very unique and entertaining way of presenting that is fun to watch. Just keep your eyes on the prize and don’t stop producing and uploading.  I will be watching 🤓

All the best!

Don Bodin told me that when you start to get the negative comments that means you've really made it. 😀

I haven't really had negative comments yet. People who bother to comment are usually nice.  Of course this may have something to do with most of them being friends of mine. 😀

My theory about this video is that I said I have little formal training.  I believe a lot of people on this forum and other forums I go to have similarly modest training.  We make music without years of music school.   But not the geniuses at VI:Control.  It probably turned them off. 

But I think it's a mistake to think that I have nothing to teach, because I do have videos coming on stuff like World Music, where I do think I know more than a lot of people on VI:Control.  Or at least I have a different take on it.

Sigh...

Thank you as always for your support and kindness, Simeon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You taking it too personal.  People may have simply moved on, or perhaps a few bots were cleaned out during site housekeeping.  Also keep in mind that the Internet isn't like it use to be.  You have a lot more competition for quality content,  and not to say your content isn't quality, it's just that people do tend to move on.

Just keep trying to produce quality content, or just be content with the subscribers you're lucky to keep.  I'm sure there are more people out there that appreciate what you do, unless you trying to make money, in which case I suggest you step up your game.  Thanks for producing the video!

• Like 1