Managing a MIDI Keyboard with Cakewalk

Jouglet

Hi,

I've been searching for awhile and cannot seen to find this easily.  I have an Alesis V46 Midi Keyboard.  It has 4 knobs, 4 buttons, pitch and modulation wheels and 46 keys.  

I can connect my keyboard no problem.  But the buttons and switches and modulation wheel are useless.  I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get cakewalk to recognize them.  Even if I did, what would be the best way to setup the knobs and buttons to have the best experience?  

Did I miss a tutorial on this?  Maybe I'm not searching for the right terms.  Thank youj.

The publicly available online documentation for the Alesis V49 is pitiful. Apparently the knobs and buttons are "assignable" (they can be programmed to send different MIDI messages). To do so you will need to download the V-Editor software (click Downloads). The User Guide references a V-Editor User Guide but I cannot find a freestanding copy. If you are lucky it will magically appear when you install the software and all will be explained.  Or perhaps it is available only to registered users with an account. You can look in the Event Inspector to see what is being sent presently. In order for the CC's to have an evident effect, they need to be sent to something that knows what they mean, typically a synth. 

With luck someone who has this working will come along to clarify everything.

Edited by slartabartfast