Feature Request Pitch envelope in automation Lane

Xel Ohh

Can we get a pitch automation lane for audio... We have the pan and the volume but would be easier to have a pitch lane instead of trying to transpose pieces at a time or trying to use the Loop Construction to get to a pitch envelope. Hopefully this can be done Bakers.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 2

3 hours ago, Xel Ohh said:

Can we get a pitch automation lane for audio... We have the pan and the volume but would be easier to have a pitch lane instead of trying to transpose pieces at a time or trying to use the Loop Construction to get to a pitch envelope. Hopefully this can be done Bakers.

Exelent woul be posibilitty edit audio sample when i click on it in Matrix view cell. Pitch automation fades for attack release envelope, pan, also ability to use effects  :D

Edited by solarlux

14 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

maybe as a workaround there are things like Waves Tune / Pitch, VVocal (ahem...), etc which might have automate-able controls for pitch?

image.png.53a32f8d642cd595b0157fa1ee5aa8d7.png

14 hours ago, scook said:

Yeah, the current solution is use a pitch plug-in (I use zPlane Elastique Pitch) or throw the clips into a sampler.

To me this is a special case of the built-in sampler FRs.

7 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

Loop Construction View?  Not perfect, but with a bit of lateral thinking, you can do some of this.

All these are just work arounds for something that should be included its an option in the Loop Construction why not the automation lane as scook said a built in sampler would help ..lol.. But thats why its a request.. Will it be answered who know but at least they know we want it.. +1

• Like 2

I like to use Pitch Shifter from Kilohearts.  You can get it for $19.00 from Kilohearts.com, or if you buy Computer Music #261 from  PocketMags (https://pocketmags.com/us/computer-music-magazine/autumn-2018) for $3.99, then as part of the Monthly Bundle you can get it and 2 other Kilohearts effects.  I like it because it's very simple and light, and it uses granular, but it sounds great.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, murat k. said:

I use it too. But if we had an envelope without using an extra plugin, it would be great.

That why its a request. Im not sure how hard it is to do seeing that they already do it in other things in Cakewalk but we shall see.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, murat k. said:

I use it too. But if we had an envelope without using an extra plugin, it would be great.

No, don't get me wrong, I agree with you and Xel Ohh and countless others on this, and many other additions that I would like to see added to CBB that would facilitate making producing easier for genres like Hip-Hop, EDM, Pop etc.  I primarily replied because of scook suggestion of Elastique.  Elastique is a good plugin, but it's $200.00.  I wanted to give a very low-cost, but high-quality solution for folks who need pitch shifting as well.

I will also say that (in my opinion), that Cakewalk focus does not seem to be on adding such features, and I feel that's both a detriment and a shame.  So, I think the best thing to do right now is to do the best workaround I can, and continue to request the features be added.  

33 minutes ago, forkol said:

No, don't get me wrong, I agree with you and Xel Ohh and countless others on this, and many other additions that I would like to see added to CBB that would facilitate making producing easier for genres like Hip-Hop, EDM, Pop etc.  I primarily replied because of scook suggestion of Elastique.  Elastique is a good plugin, but it's $200.00.  I wanted to give a very low-cost, but high-quality solution for folks who need pitch shifting as well.

I will also say that (in my opinion), that Cakewalk focus does not seem to be on adding such features, and I feel that's both a detriment and a shame.  So, I think the best thing to do right now is to do the best workaround I can, and continue to request the features be added.  

Pitch clip envelope i think is not so important because i can make it with free plugins. I can make track template with audio track with pitch plugin in there and all what i need for this type of manipulation. CbB team works very hard and i understand there are many more important things than pitch bend envelope. But feature is good but need to be patient. : )

Nobody loves a workaround answer to a feature request, but what else can we do while waiting? I always accompany mine with "for now" or "while we're waiting" like a couple of people did.

You're never quite sure when or where a feature request is going to creep in; our most recent builds introduced two "small" ones, one of them I use many times per session, the other I just used a few minutes ago (if anyone noticed that clip outlines had gotten hard to see in the PRV, they're back).

Pitch envelopes would be fun, the algorithms are there. I'd love for audio transposition to be more flexible and easy to access than it is. The Process/Transpose command holds you to half steps, which is not so often useful for situations where someone's tuning was only a few cents sharp or flat. Yes, I know that Loop Construction View can do it, but man did it ever take me a long time to find that out. All I could find on forums was people being wistful for VVocal or the old Cakewalk Pitch Shifter plug-in.

8 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Nobody loves a workaround answer to a feature request, but what else can we do while waiting? I always accompany mine with "for now" or "while we're waiting" like a couple of people did.

You're never quite sure when or where a feature request is going to creep in; our most recent builds introduced two "small" ones, one of them I use many times per session, the other I just used a few minutes ago (if anyone noticed that clip outlines had gotten hard to see in the PRV, they're back).

Pitch envelopes would be fun, the algorithms are there. I'd love for audio transposition to be more flexible and easy to access than it is. The Process/Transpose command holds you to half steps, which is not so often useful for situations where someone's tuning was only a few cents sharp or flat. Yes, I know that Loop Construction View can do it, but man did it ever take me a long time to find that out. All I could find on forums was people being wistful for VVocal or the old Cakewalk Pitch Shifter plug-in.

Try install new hotfix there many things fixed also clip outlines now brighter and are easy to see also in darker themes and also if clip bacground black

• 3 months later...
On 1/28/2021 at 5:14 AM, solarlux said:

Need this feature in future : )

pitch.thumb.jpg.384bca583212b9a56dd7bea60ce5cd8c.jpg

This still needs to happen.. It would help peoples work flow so much. Just going through my request just wanted to add the +1 for this request,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

This plugin is free, and works well with polyphonic sources:   https://www.audiopluginsforfree.com/graillon/

You can assign an automation lane to the "Pitch Shift" parameter, giving you an envelope from -12 to +12 semitones:

image.thumb.png.2225b95a8d0904ecaf49186157c10b3b.png

image.thumb.png.3b121e2564b64c3178664138d5f6ac6e.png

You may want to play with the "Preserve Formants" setting, which can help when going above 5 semitones.

@msmcleodNice... Never thought of using that will try that out and see how it goes. Thanks