New Arrangement Feature

Ron Muse

Question

So, I am able to add sections to the arranger panel and then commit them, which then creates a new arrangement. But there is only 1 arrangement per project. There is NO list of alternate arrangements! When I create a new arrangement, it simply replaces the old one! What's the point in this function? I thought the idea was to have multiple arrangements to choose from and compare!

2 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Ron Muse said:

So, I am able to add sections to the arranger panel and then commit them, which then creates a new arrangement. But there is only 1 arrangement per project. There is NO list of alternate arrangements! When I create a new arrangement, it simply replaces the old one! What's the point in this function? I thought the idea was to have multiple arrangements to choose from and compare!

You can have as many arrangements as you like, but only one active arrangement.

You can preview any of the arrangements until you find the one you like.

Once you commit the arrangement however, the other arrangements go (because the sections have now changed).

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 3:14 AM, Ron Muse said:

To create arrangements you drag sections from the top "Sections" pane down to the "Arrangements" pane. You reorder them as you wish.

To create a new arrangement, click the dropdown that says "Arrangement 1" and select + New
This will give you a new arrangement, called Arrrangement 2. You then drag sections down to it and rearrange the sections as you wish.

Continue with as many arrangements as you want.