Simple idea How Matrix view can be used as sampler

solarlux

Simple idea How Matrix view can be used as sampler. I made little video How matrix view can be used as sampler. select places and press shit+space and listen and drag it on matrix view cell : ) Would be very good cells with attack, decay, release controls. Maybe integrated in loop construction better audio editing because i can open every audio file in matrix cell in loop-construction mode.

I made little Video.

Edited by solarlux

12 minutes ago, solarlux said:

. . . select places and press shit+space [sic] and listen and drag it on matrix view cell . . . 

I tried this on a piece of audio over and over and it didn't work.  To get it to work I first had to convert a section of the audio track into a groove clip. Then it worked.

11 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I tried this on a piece of audio over and over and it didn't work.  To get it to work I first had to convert a section of the audio track into a groove clip. Then it worked.

I don't have groove clip i selected places and draged on cells and each cell audio what i selected and draged by cutting

Where i can see its groove clip or not? In this way maybe Matrix view can be used in creative way.

Edited by solarlux

16 minutes ago, solarlux said:

I don't have groove clip i selected places and draged on cells and each cell audio what i selected and draged by cutting

Thanks for the reply.  I am not sure why it didn't work with recorded audio until I converted it. However, when I dragged an audio recording from my media browser, it worked the way you showed.  I did not have to convert it because CbB did the conversion when I dragged it from the browser to make a track.  I will play with it some more.  Cool tip.

UPDATE: I tried it again and now it works without converting the audio track to a clip. No idea why it didn't work the first several times.

Edited by User 905133
to add an update

14 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Thanks for the reply.  I am not sure why it didn't work with recorded audio until I converted it. However, when I dragged an audio recording from my media browser, it worked the way you showed.  I did not have to convert it because CbB did the conversion when I dragged it from the browser to make a track.  I will play with it some more.  Cool tip.

UPDATE: I tried it again and now it works without converting the audio track to a clip. No idea why it didn't work the first several times.

Now need to figure out how to play it in piano roll :D Would be good posibility to midi learn all cells and map they and play in piano roll

Edited by solarlux

8 hours ago, solarlux said:

Simple idea How Matrix view can be used as sampler. I made little video How matrix view can be used as sampler. select places and press shit+space and listen and drag it on matrix view cell : ) Would be very good cells with attack, decay, release controls. Maybe integrated in loop construction better audio editing because i can open every audio file in matrix cell in loop-construction mode.

The "Arranger View" are way more flexible than the Matrix view.

• Meh 1

1 hour ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Sorry i dont thought it for arrangement but for chopping samples and listen to them fast and triggering samples each cell from piano roll or midi controller. For example reach some creative ideas faster and arrangement view is for arrangement track and its also very good. I can record my played matrix view in audio track fast or maybe play it in piano roll. For example i record vocal and want fast to play with it i chop it fast and play in matrix view cells.

Edited by solarlux
  • Like 1

OK peeps keep it civil or we will have to take steps.

As noted by each both methods have there merits so please accept that different peeps can have a different points of view.

Personal attacks are not acceptable in any form.  Remember this is a public forum.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 12:29 AM, Will_Kaydo said:

Matrix wiew is best tool ever its loops, audio, midi bank and i can place there individual items and it make me very creative.  Its my bank where i place individual items for using them like a blocks. Arranger track i use for big picture. : ) Matrix view is exelent People from other DAWS where simillar thing they putting this feature in top. For example Bitwig, Ableton. And in Cakewalk this feature exist and it's so underrated.

Edited by solarlux

On 1/26/2021 at 9:26 PM, solarlux said:

Matrix wiew is best tool ever its loops, audio, midi bank and i can place there individual items and it make me very creative.  Its my bank where i place individual items for using them like a blocks. Arranger track i use for big picture. : ) Matrix view is exelent People from other DAWS where simillar thing they putting this feature in top. For example Bitwig, Ableton. And in Cakewalk this feature exist and it's so underrated.

The OP is talking about using this as a Sampler.

And what they're showing in the video is a really bad attempt to do what can be done in 3-5x faster in a DAW like Live or ACID Pro.  I'm not sure why anyone would do it this way.  Live Lite was given away, and so was ACID Pro.  I'd just use one of those and ReWire it into Cakewalk by BandLab.  That would actually be a better and faster workflow, despite there being two DAWs involved.

That isn't discouraging.  Those are just the reality of the situation.

Matrix is good for playing Loops and MIDI Groove Clips.  If you want to slice and trigger pieces of Audio/Loops, there are far better tools for that.  Use a plug-in like Transfuser 2, or something.

Edited by Maestro