Heads-up regarding A|A|S version 3's and sound packs

Starship Krupa

Not long ago A|A|S came out with major updates to Chromophone, Ultra Analog, String Studio, and A|A|S Player/Swatches (what you use to play sound packs if you don't have the aforementioned synths). Version 3.

I noticed at the time that they mention in the sound pack blurbs that the ones derived from those instruments have been "remastered" for version 3. I did some side-by-side listening tests with A|A|S player, and yes, the sounds were "bigger," even in just Player. I recommended re-downloading whatever sound packs you may have to take advantage of this.

Upon further listening, I noticed that some of the sounds were not only bigger, but have changed tonally, to the point where I feel I can't fully trust my use of them in pre-version 3 projects. Not that I'm going to switch to another sound, but that I might have to do a bit of tweaking in order to make sure the sounds still sit where I want them in the mix.

tl/dr:

If you've updated your A|A|S sound packs since the v. 3 release and have projects that use those sounds, pay close attention to make sure that your A|A|S hasn't gotten too big for the mix. Easy enough to tweak with something like Sidewidener and maybe your favorite EQ.

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It seems that they (AAS) make sometimes changes that affect the usage of their plugins in older projects! I don't like this at all! 👎

I observed that many of my older projects (only about 2 years old) lost the settings of Strum Session 2.