Windows 10 64 Bit / Cakewalk Platinum / Apollo Twin Duo USB Problems

jonathan  hanemann

Question

OK, so I'm using Cakewalk Platinum on a Windows 10, 64 bit Laptop. Attached are specs. I'm using a UAD Apollo Twin Dup USB as my interface. Plugging straight into the HiZ input with a guitar with passive pickups.

Lot of noise problems. Static, pops and clicks. I'm also getting audio dropouts. This is happening when I'm trying to record ONE SCRATCH GUITAR TRACK, with only an AMP SIM plugin and a Tubescreamer plugin, I'm not running a big session with a whole lot of things on it, so it's not a problem is CPU drain in that regard.

I'm running my buffer on the Apollo at 256, so that shouldn't be a problem either. I have my latency set as seen in the image. Note that if I try to go any more towards 'safe,' I get complete dropout.

I really don't know what to do. Forget the fact that the Apollo Twin has been more of a pain in the A than any other interface and I'm sorry I bought it; if Cakewalk is going to present these problems at this stage, I'll probably bail and go back to Pro Tools.

Pic 1.JPG

Pic 2.JPG

Pic 3.JPG

6 answers to this question

Q: Do you have Asio4All installed perhaps?

A: If so - Uninstall it from your system. (always the culprit.) 

2: Make sure you have the latest Apollo twin drivers installed. 

3: Check that the sample rate in windows  are the same as that of the apollo and Cakewalk. 

On 1/24/2021 at 5:05 PM, Will_Kaydo said:

- How do I check this?

- I do

3: Check that the sample rate in windows  are the same as that of the apollo and Cakewalk. 

- How do I check this?

I

I'm sorry to be a pain, but I don't know much about any of this stuff. Whenever I ask for help on a forum, people tell WHAT to do, but they don't tell me HOW to do it. Not everyone knows a whole bunch about this stuff. 

5 minutes ago, jonathan hanemann said:

Open up your control panel in windows and look for the Asio4All drivers (as written here and uninstall it. 

Go to the Apollo website and download the latest drivers for the apollo twin. Click here

Go on youtube and search how to setup windows sample rate. 

That should do it. Can't explain it better than that.  (I'm driving shhhh!)🙊

AFAIK, ASIO4All does not come preinstalled on any PC.

If you did not install it, the software is probably not installed.

Like most software, if ASIO4All is installed it will show up in Windows Settings > Apps & Features.

According to the preference screen posted above Cakewalk is set to default to 44.1kHz.

Here is one way to check Windows sample rate

Google and forum searches are good skills to develop.

2 hours ago, scook said:

Thanks. This helped. Again, not everyone's an expert, forums are full of a lot of bad answers, and people on forums always tell you what to do, but not how to do it. That must be a thing for people who hang out on forums. Thank you for not being that way. 

AFAIK, ASIO4All does not come preinstalled on any PC.

If you did not install it, the software is probably not installed.

Like most software, if ASIO4All is installed it will show up in Windows Settings > Apps & Features.

According to the preference screen posted above Cakewalk is set to default to 44.1kHz.

Here is one way to check Windows sample rate

Google and forum searches are good skills to develop.