Cakewalk crashes when opening projects

Sergio Miranda

Cakewalk now crashes when opening some projects with last version installed (01.2021).
This never happened before.
I installed older version (09.2020) and projects open without any problems.
If it helps I'm using Kuassa Plugins (EVE- AT4) and Guitar Rig5...

Edited by Sergio Miranda
some more information

@Sergio Miranda I've solved the crash issue. It was a problem on our end handling the host bypass from this plugin which is not automatable.

However note that this plugin is not properly following the VST3 spec for parameter notification so you cannot write automation via the plugin in CbB. I can follow up with the vendor on this but you can also log it with them.

• Like 1

Hello all,

I'm also getting crashes from the new  Cakewalk update. None of my projects will open and I'm getting the message below. When loading a project, everything seems normal... all the plugins load up, and then when it gets to "Loading automation" it stops and displays the crash message. When I click OK, the message goes away but then it says "Project successfully opened"... but the project does not open.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm on a MacBook Pro, Windows 10 Bootcamp, UAD Apollo Silver (Thunderbolt).

Also, where do you find the minidump file?

Crash.png

• Like 1

@Sergio Miranda Which error? The crash issue is fixed on our end. I've also fixed another issue with host bypass for this plugin.
However the fact that you cannot write automation by moving plugin knobs is a bug in the plugin. They are not sending the proper begin/end edit transactions to the host so we don't sense those changes. I am referring to their VST3 version.

23 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Hello all,

I'm also getting crashes from the new  Cakewalk update. None of my projects will open and I'm getting the message below. When loading a project, everything seems normal... all the plugins load up, and then when it gets to "Loading automation" it stops and displays the crash message. When I click OK, the message goes away but then it says "Project successfully opened"... but the project does not open.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm on a MacBook Pro, Windows 10 Bootcamp, UAD Apollo Silver (Thunderbolt).

Also, where do you find the minidump file?

Crash.png

@Traveler thats not a crash. Your issue has already been solved. See this thread.

• 2 years later...

Hello, 

i have experienced a similar thing but with komplete kontrol from Naitiv Instruments. It reaches the point where the project opens but as soon as komplete kontrol opens cakewalk just shuts down as if i press "alt f4".

Can someone help?