Where is output 2 setting for my Steinberg Interface?

RICHARD HUTCHINS

Hi,

I use a Steinberg UR22 interface; on my console track I have it set to Left Yamaha Steinberg  Input 1, which takes my guitar or keys. Fine. But how do I find output 2 on the drop down? It just sees and lists  Input 1. I wish to have my vocals mike plugged in to the Interface through Input 2 so I can leave it all plugged in. Or am I barking up the wrong tree? 

And on that sort of subject I cant see how to set my defaults so that each track is correctly set, in other words I keep having to tell Cakewalk to use the left hand output, as it keeps defaulting to a stereo mix? Novice questions here I'm afraid...

• Confused 1

It should looks like this only less inputs SO for my second mike input I use the Right Focusrite USB ASIO Mic1  

2044225695_Screenshot(1).png.c9906bf67ced5d772c83f0729b398990.png

If your list doesn't look like mine make sure your using ASIO and your preferences look something like this

330462455_2021-01-24(2).png.52be2cc9b827cb7f2282db31589a2dc0.png

And I'm going to assume you turned the input gain knob up until the peak light goes red and backed off a hair. 

Edited by John Vere

Hi Richard,

if there's some kind of misunderstand on my side, please ignore. I've got the Steinberg UR22 running through ASIO4ALL, but this should work the same as with the Yamaha driver.

First, I think you should rig your mike through input 1 and the guitar through input 2 as there is the "Hi-Z" knob for input 2 for these kind of high impedance instruments. (Make sure to check the documentation about that.) Keyboards may run through either of the two inputs.

Then you adress two seperate audio tracks in Cakewalk and for your mike you choose the input" Left Steinberg UR22 1" and for your guitar" Right Steinberg UR22 1".  You should get two seperated mono signals in Cakewalk. It's basically as the others said.

Why are you using ASIO4all?? Steinberg has a top quality asio drivers and your using a iffy driver??   

I think this comes up because people are having sound issues and there are WAY to many idiots out there who advice trying Asio4all. It used to be a solution a long time ago.  We totally don't need it  now as we have WASAPI  which for most folks will work the best for on board sound cards. If you have an Audio interface it will come with a proper ASIO driver- USE IT.