Cakewalk and DMXis halting.

newmixacts

Question

Anyone please help. 

I'm having a problem using DMXis as a virtual instrument in Cakewalk by BandLab. My song uses 10 midi tracks controlling my sound modules and 

about 10 DMXis midi tracks controlling a DMXis instrument track. The problem, when I play the song, the first few times, it plays. 

After that, the seq will slow down and pick back up and lots of times it will slow down and HALT in the middle of the song. I plan on using this soon 

on a live show. This cannot happen. How to fix???

Thanks

13 answers to this question

Has it ever worked, or is this an issue that has just started happening?

Are you on the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab (Which is 2021.1 Build 75 - though there is also a hotfix to build 86)

Is your Windows fully patched and all drivers update to date (Using manufacturer's websites rather than Windows updates)

Are you using version 1.70 Win (64bit VST) of the DMXIS  App

https://www.enttec.com/product/controls/dmx-lighting-control-software/dmxis/

Can you give us some information about your system (version and build number of Windows, Hardware, etc)  

I'm checking your list one by one now.  I've always had some issues and issues with downloading latest drivers. I have a Dell G5 5590 Gaming Laptop (see attached). Just downloaded the latest version 2021.1 Build 85. I haven't tried yet. I'll get right back. 

Dell G5 5590.JPG

5 hours ago, newmixacts said:

I've always had some issues and issues with downloading latest drivers.

You might want to get this issue sorted before troubleshooting the issue with the DMXi - they could actually be related....

When you say “downloading latest drivers”, which specific drivers are you having issues with?

Ok, I downloaded all the latest drivers. (See attached) Still, the seq stutters. I do have the latest version of DMXis (1.7.0) installed. Got that last year when it was released. Also, DMXis sometimes loose communication with Cakewalk by BandLab. Then I have to close and reboot Cakewalk. There where three drivers that wouldn't install, can't remember witch ones they where. But everything downloaded yesterday.  Now at the bottom of the attached sheet, it says 29 drivers, I think, not installed. Should I download and install them, although at the top is says I'm up to date? 

Dell Driver Update.JPG

40 minutes ago, newmixacts said:

Ok, I downloaded all the latest drivers. (See attached) Still, the seq stutters. I do have the latest version of DMXis (1.7.0) installed. Got that last year when it was released. Also, DMXis sometimes loose communication with Cakewalk by BandLab. Then I have to close and reboot Cakewalk. There where three drivers that wouldn't install, can't remember witch ones they where. But everything downloaded yesterday.  Now at the bottom of the attached sheet, it says 29 drivers, I think, not installed. Should I download and install them, although at the top is says I'm up to date? 

It depends what the drivers are for. 

I don't use Dell hardware so I can only assume that if that page says it it up to date, then you should be all good.

As far as the DMXis sometimes losing communication with Cakewalk by BandLab.  It's probably more a case of the DMXis losing communication on a hardware level.  Check that the USB power management is disabled - this is done in the device manager properties for the USB Root hubs  (start+ run devmgmt.msc)

1 hour ago, Lansledo said:

I looked. But, I'm not sure what you mean. Explain more please. I started using a M-Audio Air/Hub two weeks, but DMXis isn't 

connected to it. 

You're almost there. 

Right click on anything there with the words “Hub” , and go to properties > power management.  Then deselect “Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power”

I right click all Hub and deselect all. I thought it was getting better. The seq played twice with no problem. The third time it stuttered one time. 

Then I restarted the computer and the seq stuttered like before and DMXis lost communication with Cakewalk. What do you think. I've got to fix this. 

I contacted support. Again, thanks for your help. This is what they said: 

Hi!

The software developer has a new beta out that should address this issue. Follow the link below and look for the Beta section. You’re looking for 1.7.2

www.dmxis.com/download