Pertinent Info for IK Reinstall of Syntronik and Associated Libraries

cclarry

Just thought I'd share this experience.  All of my Syntronik Libraries (Deluxe) were still installed. 
They reside on a different drive, so all that was required was just reinstalling SampleTank
4, and that brought them all into Sampltank 4, BUT installing Syntronik did NOT bring them all into
Syntronik, nor did the new Product Manager authorize them.  They were all available in
SampleTank 4, but NOT in Syntronik, as Syntronik showed them as NOT AUTHORIZED!
Using "Restore my Gear" did NOT work in the new Custom Shop to authorize them either as 
far as Syntronik was concerned!  I had to reinstall SampleTank 3 and then run the old IK
Authorization Manager using my SampleTank 3 Max Serial #, and THEN scan that Database
in SampleTank 3, to get all of those Syntronik Libraries to be available to Syntronik!
IK did NOT quite think that whole process through  very well apparently...

So apparently the new IK Installation Manager is not very effective, nor is the Custom Shop...
Just thought I'd let people know this information.  I have all my installers backed up, but that
would take FOREVER, so it's a lot faster to just reconnect them after installation of the program
stand alone and VST's.

You may also want to know that Native Access, and the Toontrack
Product Manager, also allow you to "reconnect" the Libraries to the VST's, so you don't have to 
REINSTALL EVERYTHING!  Saves a TON of time and having to REINSTALL all of those libraries!

Edited by Larry Shelby
  • Sad 2

It could be an issue with the new CS that came out since AT5.

IKPM expects CS to restore the gear, and because of an unforeseen bug the new CSversin since IKPM came out, it is not restoring the gear. 

And to be honest, I am like Glenn. It shows in ST4, so I can't even remember if I ever opened Syntronik since I did my new build and had to do the PITA re-install of all that stuff (this was before IKPM). 

• Like 1

Whenever I have an issue with IK, I contact Customer Service or @Peter - IK Multimedia or the IK forum, and I've always gotten my issues sorted out. 

People complain a lot about Steinberg customer service.  I call them and somebody gets on the phone right away and solves my problem.   Native Instruments is slow to respond.  You have to go through their forum system, but eventually somebody gets back to me and  they have always solved my problems.

Maybe my case is unusual, but I have eventually had 100% help from all companies with one exception-- Cakewalk.  When I bought the lifetime Sonar deal, I had issues with installation., l  emailed them three times and never heard back.  As basic a thing as installation.  I was just getting back into music in 2016.   Now I realize they were in the process of being Gibsoned out.    Nobody was home.

However, sometimes it has been faster for me to post something on VI:Control, where I've gotten immediate answers. 

• Like 3