no audio

jack c.

Where's @CJ Jacobson when we need him. Like me he'll tell you to toss that thing out. Long history of bad drivers that never work well with Cakewalk. I speak from personal experience.  ASIO drivers are the heart of a well performing DAW system. Only use audio interfaces that are from trusted and proven brand names like Focusrite, Tascam, Motu, RME etc. 

• Like 1

ok after 4 hours of trial/error i got.so uninstall asio.restart pc.installed asio.restart.hold shift and open cw.click ok.go to pres.audio--------1.playback  and recording ,click asio panel click on your soundcard and apply close.2.driver settings see asio.3.devices see asio.jack c.

thanks to you people that helped me

so i gets up today  to open cw it has no  sound.i installed lastest cw and also i see no insert master or busses.

so i re-installed cw after installing asio and now no audio.i see leds moving.what to do.

also in devices,drivers,playback asio is listed and checked off.

it's a external creative sound blaster live 24 bit.

by the way i had audio before i installed asio.

ok after 4 hours of trial/error i got.so uninstall asio.restart pc.installed asio.restart.hold shift and open cw.click ok.go to pres.audio--------1.playback  and recording ,click asio panel click on your soundcard and apply close.2.driver settings see asio.3.devices see asio.jack c.

I looked on the web site and first dialogue box says End of service no support anymore. There is a W10 driver but it is from 2015 so windows update has probably trashed that. 
But through history Creative ASIO drivers have never work with Cakewalk. They are a deviated version of asio4all I think 

look at all the time you have already waisted. 

52 minutes ago, John Vere said:

But through history Creative ASIO drivers have never work with Cakewalk.

In my experience with, this is untrue. But we all have different experiences. Up until Windows 10 version 1909, my E-Mu [Creative] drivers and software worked.  This includes working with SONAR/Cakewalk.

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

There is a W10 driver but it is from 2015 so windows update has probably trashed that. 

As noted above, this conforms to my experience.

I think the reported issues were always Sound Blaster devices I think E mu was better quality hardware. 
My very first card was a Audigy II cost me $300 back in 2002. It was a great card for most applications and had a break out box with 1/4" jacks right there in a CD drive bay. Mostly I did a lot of work using Wave Lab for mastering and copying music. 

The midi never worked and in about 2004 I started to use Cakewalk and that was a train wreck. I ended up wasting months and months trying to get it to work. My tracks were visibly always out of sync to the midi backing tracks. It worked a little better using Asio4all. But I joined the Cakewalk forum and was educated to the evils of Creative drivers. I was not alone.  I bought a M-audio Fast track pro and problem was solved  so I could finally get some work done. 

Therefore, I always advise people who are fighting a losing battle with their audio system, be it an on board card or a older crappy interface, to stop wasting time and for $50 you can buy a modern, up to date, working interface.   https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UMC22--behringer-u-phoria-umc22-usb-audio-interface

Edited by John Vere