The features I would love to see in Cakewalk

Michiel Beirinckx

Hi everyone!

I love cakewalk and I have been producing whit it for over a year now and I really like it but there are a few features that I would love to see.

1 A way to reverse audio (by selecting the audio and pressing R to reverse could be an idea to do it)

2 A way to pitch shift the entire audio file at once (by selecting the audio and pressing Shift + U (up) for going up one semitone and pressing Shift + D (down) for going down one semitone could be an idea to do it)

3 A swing knob of some kind that you can use on your percussion tracks and that it swings

Thank you for reading this and I hope this things will be added!

1 hour ago, Michiel Beirinckx said:

1 A way to reverse audio (by selecting the audio and pressing R to reverse could be an idea to do it)

You can do it as a process effect. R is the standard shortcut for recording.

1 hour ago, Michiel Beirinckx said:

2 A way to pitch shift the entire audio file at once (by selecting the audio and pressing Shift + U (up) for going up one semitone and pressing Shift + D (down) for going down one semitone could be an idea to do it)

Bounce your split clips to a single file with "Bounce Clips", then do "Process -> Transpose"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michiel Beirinckx said:

3 A swing knob of some kind that you can use on your percussion tracks and that it swings

You can do this with the Quantize MIDI effect:

image.thumb.png.97c3341b6846f97daa4748b38920c760.png

2 hours ago, solarlux said:

milisecond delay in clip properties also would be cool

You can do this by inserting Channel Tools into the clip fx rack, or if you want it on the whole track, in the  track fx bin:
image.thumb.png.e9adafaed76013a78425bf48fae36031.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michiel Beirinckx said:

You can select the audio clip(s) and call the menu item "Process > Apply Effect > Reverse". If you want a short cut for it you can define that in "Edit > Preferences... > Customization > Keyboard Shortcuts" (the "Advanced" button must be enabled in the Preferences to see this setting). But as @Bruno de Souza Lino said, it is probably better to use something else than 'R', though it is possible!

6 hours ago, Michiel Beirinckx said:

By the way, if you want to create some swing in audio clips, then this is also possible using AudioSnap (see documentation)!

1 hour ago, marled said:

You can select the audio clip(s) and call the menu item "Process > Apply Effect > Reverse". If you want a short cut for it you can define that in "Edit > Preferences... > Customization > Keyboard Shortcuts" (the "Advanced" button must be enabled in the Preferences to see this setting). But as @Bruno de Souza Lino said, it is probably better to use something else than 'R', though it is possible!

Currently the shortcut is ALT+P,Enter,R using the menu navigation

Shortcuts for the Process menu items may be assigned in preferences, however; "R" in the global area (where this function resides) is reserved for Record. It cannot be reassigned.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, scook said:

Currently the shortcut is ALT+P,Enter,R using the menu navigation

Shortcuts for the Process menu items may be assigned in preferences, however; "R" in the global area (where this function resides) is reserved for Record. It cannot be reassigned.

I set mine to the key " U " ...as in U-turn

I have  stream deck now too so it's got it's own hotkey for when I forget

11 hours ago, Michiel Beirinckx said:

Having tried all sorts of ways over the years I find the fastest easiest method is Waves SoundShifter plugin. Very simple and quick, non destructive, sounds good enough in most situations.  If I need better then I'm spending more time using Melodyne.

image.png.31e926094097e894c2a6ab3ccfe77e4a.png