How to remove mouth noises (weird saliva sounds) from a vocal track??

Vivian Yu

Question

Hello guys---

First of all, thank you so much for clicking into this!

I'm just wondering, is there any way (especially WITHIN Cakewalk. That'll be absolutely awesome) to remove annoying saliva noices from a vocal track?? (I know Izotope exists and is great but . . . I'm like pretty new to music production so it'll be nice to not spend that money ya know:) Back to the sounds---they're the noises your mouth make when you open it (annoying indeed). I've tried exporting to Audacity and fix 'em there but I only know how to remove the saliva cLicKs. Perhaps some good people can teach me how?? (in Cakewalk=the best; in Audacity=okay) 

Thank you so much!! Have an awesome day---

Vivian

6 answers to this question

Sorry, Vivian.  I thought you said you could remove the noises in Audacity.   You can cutout the offending noise by making splits and removing/delete the offending clips.  You could do the same in Cakewalk.  You can also try using the EQ  by making a notch with the Q setting and sliding to and throw with the Frequency knob to isolate the noise.  Once you find the noise, lower the volume of the frequency and that should eliminate much of the sound for you.  This takes a good ear so start with a bit wider notch and narrow it once you get closer to the offending noise.

Kind regards,

tecknot

20 minutes ago, tecknot said:

Hi Vivian,

It's been a while since i have used Audacity, but you can export the wave file and then import it back into Cakewalk.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Yeah, but how exactly do you fix it in Audacity??

Thank you!

This is a new feature of Melodyne 5. It detects none musical audio and highlights it. You can delete it all with one mouse click. If your serious about cleaning up vocals or even guitar parts it is a good investment to upgrade from the demo supplied with CbB. I just got it for $99. On sale from a Black Friday through Boxing day sales. Always sign up for newsletters so you can watch for sales of any software your lusting after. 

And FYI Cakewalk has a "tool Copy" feature and if you add a wave editor to its list with @scook  tool editor it will open any audio track in your wave editor automatically. You edit the track and then save it in the editor, when you put Cakewalk back in focus it will ask if you want to commit the changes. 

But Audacity is not really a wave editor so I don't think this works? There's a thread just a week ago about it. 

But I have added Gold Wave, Sound Forge and Wave Lab to my list. I probably will use Melodyne from now on. 

Edited by John Vere