Time to Wake

Grebz

2 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Is there a French version? or were the lyrics written in English?
Cool tune, the black pickguard Tele?

One little crit, although its genre appropriate, to my ears, the snare is a bit "hot".
Your song, your production, if I'm mixing; I'd pull the snare down...

👍

t

No French version, I wrote it in English. I hope there's no mistake(s).
Played with my Telecaster, the one from my profile pic, yes.

OK for the snare, I see what you mean, but well... I like it like that 🙂

Thanks for your comment!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

I like your song, and the vocals! The snare I think needs to be dropped when you are singing.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for listening, Tom.

Yeah, for the snare, I get that a lot 😄
I'll fix this as soon as I can. For the moment, I have some hard disk problems and my VSTs and sound libraries have... disappeared, so I cannot fix anything or create anything new.

5 hours ago, Grebz said:

Thanks for listening, Tom.

Yeah, for the snare, I get that a lot 😄
I'll fix this as soon as I can. For the moment, I have some hard disk problems and my VSTs and sound libraries have... disappeared, so I cannot fix anything or create anything new.

Oh crap, best of luck on that, hopefully it's something easy to fix. We have all been there! Good luck

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, CAW1915 said:

Sounds good....if you like the mix then leave the snare alone. I am weary of everything having to be perfectly mixed and balanced. Idiosyncrasies are what set us apart.

Yes, the neverending search for a perfection that does not exist 🙂
Yet, I agree that the snare is a bit loud when I sing. I intend to just lower its volume by a few dBs in those parts and leave it as it is for the instrumental parts.

4 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

good track enjoyed the listen - sorry to hear about the computer issues - hope you get that sorted soon

Nigel

Thanks for listening!
Yes, I started reinstalling my audio stuff yesterday. Fortunately, I have several HDs and SSDs, so I didn't lose the main programs or my projects, which are all stored on different disks. But it's frustrating 😕.